Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed HDAEnabler1.kext, why?
Disables ell audio, remove and restart.
Reply with new files.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It worked. I appreciate your help. I renamed the saved file to DSDT.asl and rebuild cache and it worked. Thanks again.

Big fan of your work Toleda, your guide for half mini pci-e works flawless. i have been reading about GTX 980 and DSDT edits for enabling HDMI audio by adding certain number of ports in the DSDT. i never understood that part. i dont have anything in the /patched folder currently. i know apple has not natively supported maxwell cards yet, but i have seen some people having their hdmi audio work along with display port audio.

Any help would be super awesome!!

attaching whats needed by the forum. Thanks a ton!

OSX 10.10.4
motherboard Asus maximus 7 formula
Bios: 2801
processor 4790K
Graphics 2x GTX 980 (sli bridge on)
Procedure : i tried SSDT.aml method but was probably wrong anyways. nothing happened

Please do take a look! i will be highly obliged for this favor

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 00.28.40.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 00.28.40.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IO.iojones
    3 MB · Views: 52
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • All Messages.log.zip
    98.3 KB · Views: 42
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 185
  • bootlog DPCI manager .txt
    37.3 KB · Views: 76
reading about GTX 980 and DSDT edits for enabling HDMI audio
If you want HDMI audio from both 980s, dsdt edits is the only choice.
Remove all HDMI audio ssdt edits and files.
Download the dsdt editing and HD4600 pdfs.
Proceed with HDMI audio for the first 980.
For AirPlay Mirroring, edit AAPL,ig-platform-id:
find:0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0D
rplc: 0x04, 0x00, 0x12, 0x04
For native CPU PM, apply:
Patch/9series/AMI-Enable_LPC-9series

Reply with native and edited dsdts.

"If you want HDMI audio from both 980s, dsdt edits is the only choice."
Thanks so much for the reply! Indeed. we do understand DSDT edits are the only way to go. i tried extracting DSDT via MACiasl but had 2 compiler errors attaching them here for you to see. I then pressed 'F4' at the clover startup and ended with dsdt and a lot of other ssdt in the /patched/origin folder. But neither that works without compile errors. So if i cant get a clean compile free DSDT its always gonna be an issue and i have no clues to go around that. (probably off topic, but please leave 2 words on this )

"Remove all HDMI audio ssdt edits and files."
You mean to say remove all the .AML files from the /patched ? its nothing there for now. Should i also start with no kext patches ? i am referring to 'rename BOD3 to HDAU' and 'Rename GFX0 to IGPU' entries.

"Download the dsdt editing and HD4600 pdfs.Proceed with HDMI audio for the first 980."
This i believe can be downloaded from your github portal. But should i take out one of the cards first and make sure HDMI audio works without SLI, or leave the cards as it is?

"
For AirPlay Mirroring, edit AAPL,ig-platform-id:
find:0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0D
rplc: 0x04, 0x00, 0x12, 0x04
For native CPU PM, apply:
Patch/9series/AMI-Enable_LPC-9series"

this i couldnt understand. is it possible to edit these in maciasl just like any other normal text editor?
I am attaching the native DSDT that clover gave me while at F4. i dont have an edited DSDT cos i couldnt even get the first one free of compile errors. btw , the APCI engine is set at 5.0 in maciasl preferences.

Thanks so much for your promptness. You have made things possible which were a nightmare earlier. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 12.32.15.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 12.32.15.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 12.32.29.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 12.32.29.png
    284.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSDT.aml
    63.5 KB · Views: 42
"Download the dsdt editing and HD4600 pdfs.
Read the pdfs. All native dsdts have compile errors, the correct fix is noted in the HD4600 pdf.
Hardware does not matter; the procedure describes required software edits.

I am looking for some advice regarding how to go about setting up my HDMI audio with my Intel HD4600.

I have the following logic board and CPU,
Asus Z97 deluxe 3.1
intel i7 4790k

I am running Yosemite 10.10.4, and for the most part have everything working using clover, and a couple KEXTs installed from multibeast.

I used this to get audio working with my ALC1150 codec: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

The last thing i need to get working is the HDMI audio. it is not showing up as a sound device. The reason for posting is that there are a lot of guides from Toleda, and i do not want to go though a lot of trial and error just to mess everything up. I would really appreciate a push in the right direction in terms of the exact guide to follow steps to take. I would like to keep as much working in clover as possible. I do not think that I will be adding a GPU to my system later. If i do, It would probably be a Quadro card as I do not to so much gaming. So i do not think that i am very worried about making sure that i can also get HDMI audio out of a GPU in the future.

I have attached my current .config and SSDT.aml files.
i also have the following KEXT and .efi drivers installed on my EFI partition
/clover/kexts/10.10/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
/clover/kexts/10.10/FakeSMC.kext
/clover/kexts/10.10/realtekALC.kext
/clover/drivers64UEFI/FSInject-64.efi
/clover/drivers64UEFI/HFSPlus.efi
/clover/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
/clover/drivers64UEFI/OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
/clover/drivers64UEFI/NTFS.efi (this did not do what i though it was going to do and I think i will remove it.)

Please let me know if there is any additional info I should provide.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 185
  • SSDT.aml
    113 bytes · Views: 87
Post #1, which guide(s) applies to your system?

Hello Toleda,

It is hard to say exactly because i tried a few things before getting on board audio working. I started here with this guide for everything:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...board-ac-wifi-bluetooth-4-0-secure-drive.html

But the audio advice seemed to get my system to freeze on boot. So i started over, using the supplied (from that link) SSDT file (not sure if that played a part or not, i have not tried removing it).

The instructions in that post did not quite get things working for me, as i had no audio devices showing, so I then started to follow this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html
following any instruction that worked with clover and did not require extra SSDT or DSDT files.

when verifying layout id, I found <00 00 00 00>, and then followed the clover instructions to get the ID changed to <01 00 00 00>
https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/%5BGuide%5D-Add_HDEF-Clover.pdf

I believe that was everything. Here is the result of my ALC1150 install

Screen Shot 2015-08-14 at 9.42.21 PM.png

I am wondering now, what the best way to go about getting the HDMI audio working? Is there any reason to go SSDT over DSDT? Also, what are the steps in this guide that i do not need to follow as they have already been completed getting on board audio working? Again, i would like to stick with clover as much as possible.

Thanks!

Thanks Toleda! While not the easiest guide to follow, it got the job done on my first try, and I have no idea what I did. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back