Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something's wrong.
Followed your instruction to add second GFX0. Here's the result with Apple Cinema Displays to dp1 +dp2 + Asus VN247 to HDMI (no devices plugged into first GFX):
all of HDMI audios show up in System Preferences, but actually none of them is working (silent).
145627-hdmi-screenshot-p9x79.png
Attached ioreg + dsdt

EDIT:
Adding Futomaki (proper framebuffer for R9 280X) like you suggested gives me just two monitor. I guess some binary patch is needed, as explained here

Attachments

• Second GFX P9X79 WS.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
all of HDMI audios show up in System Preferences, but actually none of them is working (silent).

guess some binary patch is needed
Not clear why the dsdt is patched differently than than the PEG1 example; connector-type injection is unused with AMD graphics cards and should be removed as posted.

In PEG1, GFX0 and HDAU use onboard-1 as posted; edited dsdt.

For all ports, the Futomaki likely requires specific connector edits. HD7750 example, see [Case_Studies]_AMD-HD7xxx_HDMI_Audio_v2.pdf

Edited: 7/31/15

Hi guys. I’m new to this and find myself stuck. I installed yosemite 10.10.4 via the multibeast guide and have internal audio via multibeast. Im trying to follow the guide (post #1)but I am having a difficult time making hdmi audio to work. I’m trying to just get the audio through HDMI via integrated GPU (HD4600). I don’t have any graphic card installed and don’t plan to. I have followed the first guide and know I have a 9 series (Asus z97m-plus), so i chose column 1 (8), column 2 (HD4600-dmi audio dsdt or ssdt guide), and column 3 (OS X hdmi audio dsdt guide). At step 1. AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (HD4600 dsdt or ssdt guide) I chose option A. However, when i’m searching for GFX02 (HD4600+-HD4000-HD3000_Framebuffer_Edits guide), my AppleIntelframebuffer@2 is port number 0x0. Which option would I choose to download? And after that, I go to step 2 for 9 series [Guide]_OS_X_hdmi_audio-dsdt_v2.1-2) and begin compiling? Thanks in advance.

1.No HDMI audio via onboard HDMI
2.Yosemite 10.10.4/Asus z97m-plus/latest bios 2802 /i5 4460/ no GFX

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • asus z97m-plus (orig).ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 105
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    874 bytes · Views: 136
  • smbios.plist
    468 bytes · Views: 189
Hi Toleda,

Here's what I'm experiencing. Can you help?

When I connect the HDMI cable to my TV, I get this weird image:

hdmi tv screen.jpg

The HDMI audio doesn't work at all. I've tried your Series 9 guides: AMI Clean Compile, Enable LPC, Nvidia 4600 2. I got no errors but many warnings. I shut down, plugged in the hdmi cable, rebooted, and tried to select audio output, but there was no device. So no hdmi audio.

Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist/HDAEnabler/No (from Yes)
MaciASL/native dsdt, apply 9series patches:
1. AMI-Clean_Compile-9series
2. AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1
Compile, save and Install.

Edit Azul framebuffer
Reply with edited dsdt, ocB.plist and IOReg,

Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist/HDAEnabler/No (from Yes)
MaciASL/native dsdt, apply 9series patches:
1. AMI-Clean_Compile-9series
2. AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1
Compile, save and Install.

Edit Azul framebuffer
Reply with edited dsdt, ocB.plist and IOReg,

I have applied the patches to my dsdt file, however, i had some warnings but no errors. I changed HDAenabler to NO and installed azul frame buffer option a but still don't get anything. This time nothing shows up under sound options.

Attachments

• dsdt-asus z97m-plus-hdmi.aml
    61.6 KB · Views: 66
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    859 bytes · Views: 134
  • dsdt-asus z97m-plus-hdmi.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 71
  • asus z97m-plus (after patches).ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back