Code:
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de11c2 found on PEG0@1/
?

Attachments

• Problem reportig giacomoleopardo 3.zip
    612 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
Where was the mistake?
Over the past year, based on a suggestion from RehabMan, I converted to .dsl source file ssdts. Unfortunately, the source had an incorrect value that had been overlooked until a fix for a different problem was added. Source file fixed, binary working.

So, I've been looking at this guide, and I'm afraid it is very difficult for me to understand. I think I was supposed to start from Part A1 as I'm trying to get audio working on my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB. However, I got this far:

Part A1: OS X ACPI Edits (ssdt)

1. ssdt injection - Most systems; install ssdt and restart.
Are you saying I need to install something here? Or is this saying what the rest of the guide does? If I need to install something, where do I get it from?

1. BIOS/OS X updates do not effect ssdts.
  1. [Guide]-OSX-hdmi_audio-hdef_audio-ssdt_v3
Here the link leads to a 404 error, and I can proceed no further because the next step refers to 'Table 1/Column 1', presumably from something that is contained in the broken link?

I think I was supposed to start from Part A1 as I'm trying to get audio working on my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB. However, I got this far:

Here the link leads to a 404 error
Try cloverHDMI first.
Links fixed.

Thanks. I downloaded audio_cloverHDMI-110.command.zip and ran it. I got this message:

File: audio_cloverHDMI-110.command_v0.12 - BETAEFI partition not mounted
El Capitan/EFI not found
EFI/CLOVER folder not available to install HDMI audio
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

So I presumed that I was not meant to run it yet, so I moved onto the next step:

1. Intel/AMD/Nvidia: HDMI audio ssdt > EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Is this dependent on the script running properly? If not, what does this mean?

I plug HDMI as display to TV, it still shows 0x0, but if I use Kext patch it shows 0x7.

I am sooooo close, never had a mac and days later I am close oh so very close I am trying to get a clean install on a Asus z97 pro wifi ac, tried so many various ways and ended up reinstalling a few times now

I am using onboard intel hd4600 video only
Anyway I have the issue this guy had above (though not the kext patch part as I am not sure I should apply patches I know nothing about yet/ not sure what patch to use as my HDMI port shows 0x0 so I am unsure what I should do. (Found using IOJones framebuffer@0 and ..@1 are are 0x5, 0x6 but framebuffer@2 is 0x0??
Hence I am not sure which patch to apply

What I have done - installed 10.11.3 using unibeast etc. installed clover.....got it booting with intel video 4600 1536MB :) and I only installed ethernet using multibeast as I didn't want to mix anything up at this early stage....created a patched ssdt.aml using the guide here for power mgmt for my i5 4460. I can look at working out wifi and bluetooth later but i think hdmi and audio are kinda key :) I initially was using via and realised i would be getting nowhere fast so quickly changed to hdmi

So if this did not work...am i right in thinking i must then attempt the full way

cloverHDMI = didn't work for me
So now my only option is
A)Part A1: OS X ACPI Edits (ssdt)
or Part A2: OS X ACPI Edits(dsdt)
B) OS X Kext Edits (Clover)
C) Native OS X HDMI audio

OK that looks like another full day. okie
response to Toledo below:
edit:I used cloverHDMI but it said my port was 0x0 so i had to answer no :(

I used cloverHDMI but it said my port was 0x0 in ioJones so i had to answer no :(
should I just answer y y ?
Inject Intel 0x0d220003
Other than your command I have not done anything to do with audio other than add ethernet with multibeast
enabling OS X HDMI audio.

1)I really don't know what this part means - make sure i have a ssdt in there? i do for power mgmt
DP2HDMI frame buffer edits ?? put them in config.plist under heading kernelandkextpatches with an editor?? I am unsure as i am new to mac. anyway your work looks immense and i think its great all the effort you have done in this

1)
Intel/AMD/Nvidia: HDMI audio ssdt > EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Intel: DP2HDMI framebuffer edits > EFI/CLOVER/config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/

I have used terminal but I'm new to mac so figuring this out isn't easy just getting to download
folder to run command lol
2)Test Drive (saves HDMI audio ssdt and config.plist to Desktop)

Set audio_cloverALC-HDMI-110.command/gDebug=1

Copy config.plist to Desktop

Continue with Installation/Step 3

I bloody did it!! Well you actually did it!
Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) | Motherboards | ASUS UK onboard intel only
(using m.2 ssd drive which required NVMeGeneric.kext driver in Clover/kext/10.11/ USB folder)

done previously
-set up bios
-installed el cap via unibeast, installed latest clover to my sdd m.2
-untick put hard disks to sleep when possible in system settings....energy saver. This stopped/reduced freezing in finder.
-set up clover in clover configurator for my motherboard so it booted from sdd not usb (dart=0 darkwake=0 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 & also inject intel, id 0x0D220003 for desktop etc.) had to reboot a couple of times
-pressing f4 at clover boot menu which created my ddst.aml and other files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin folder for my backup
-created ssdt.aml using this guide Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management and placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder
-installed only my ethernet driver (from multibeast: drivers/network/intel/appleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2) nothing else (could not choose internet connection during initial setup as this would halt installation)
-using hdmi cable only (vga not recommended as you will remain at 5mb or 7mb graphics regardless)

To get hdmi audio working i did
as hdmi port was showing as 0x0
I used clover configurator (though this has been playing up recently so may not work for everyone)
I opened my working (clover) config.plist in EFI
I opened your downloaded clover config list "config-audio_cloverHDMI.plist" from here audio_CloverHDMI
(2 instances of clover configurator will be open)
In clover configurator there is a section on the left "Kernel and Kext Patches"
I copied all of"config-audio_cloverHDMI.plist"values from "Kernel and Kext Patches" section individually (yes slow but worth it) into my working config.plist "Kernel and Kext Patches" section and saved
restarted

port was now showing as 0x07 !!!
patched with audio_cloverHDMI-110.command.zip and hdmi sound all working
I think i later added to clover in clover configurator under devices section....audio..1 ...inject

:) :thumbup: :)
I have working :
intel graphics 4600 and hdmi audio
Ethernet

Moving on to next: a)Audio drivers 1150 b)Wifi c)bluetooth d) maybe usb fixes

then i'm done :)

Question: Which of your guides should i follow next to enable the rest of the audio?
Can i install the ALC1150 audio drivers? from multibeast? or do i now use audio_CloverALC ?
(or perhaps one of your guides from here Audio if so which?)

Thank you so so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back