/Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC255/layout28.xml.zlib
/Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC255/layout3.xml
/Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC255/layout3.xml.zlib
/Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC255/layout30.xml
/Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC255/layout30.xml.zlib
/Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC255/layout99.xml
/Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC255/layout99.xml.zlib

But still...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Now I don't have any kexts on Clover, all installed to L/E.
But still, audio does not work.

Attachments

• debug_6998.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
Now I don't have any kexts on Clover, all installed to L/E.
But still, audio does not work.

@joskapista21,

Why have you set the injected device property "layout-id" to 7 ? .... this is a not a valid indexed layout for your codec.

layout-id 7 is used by AppleALC as the target id in AppleHDA for patching .... this is done automatically by Lilu + AppleALC.
When Lilu loads it reads the value of your Device Property "layout-id", it then passes the value to AppleALC which creates the device property "alc-layout-id" which inherits the value of "layout-id" set by your device property. AppleALC then sets "layout-id" to 7 and patches layout 7 in AppleHDA with the patches, platform and layouts for your codec indexed by the value you initially set layout-id to.

This is explained in more detail in the guide which i linked you to ....

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#post-1805653

Valid Layouts for your codec are: 3, 13,17,18,27,28,30,99

Try setting the Device Property "layout-id" to 3, save config.plist and reboot, test audio, if it does not work re-edit config.plist and set layout-id to 13, save, reboot, test .... keep working through the values until you find one that works.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@joskapista21,

Why have you set the injected device property "layout-id" to 7 ? .... this is a not a valid indexed layout for your codec.

layout-id 7 is used by AppleHDA as the target id in AppleHDA for patching .... this is done automatically by Lilu + AppleALC.
When Lilu loads it reads the value of your Device Property "layout-id", it then passes the value to AppleALC which creates the device property "alc-layout-id" which inherits the value of "layout-id" set by your device property. AppleALC then sets "layout-id" to 7 and patches layout 7 in AppleHDA with the patches, platform and layouts for your codec indexed by the value you initially set layout-id to.

This is explained in more detail in the guide which i linked you to ....

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#post-1805653

Valid Layouts for your codec are: 3, 13,17,18,27,28,30,99

Try setting the Device Property "layout-id" to 3, save config.plist and reboot, test audio, if it does not work re-edit config.plist and set layout-id to 13, save, reboot, test .... keep working through the values until you find one that works.

Cheers
Jay

Yes you are right, but I was trying all layout-id and rebooted at least 25 times. Someone advised to try layout-id 7 that's why I left it there.

So I tried all valid layout id's but still no success.

(tried injecting both method 1 and method 2 in the link above)

@joskapista21,

Looking at your ioreg file in your last debug PR files it is easy to see that AppleALC is not loading as there is no alc-layout-id property in the HDEF directory tree, the guide shows how to do this check ...

I suggest deleting Lilu & AppleALC from /L/E, download the latest version again and reinstall them using the method in the guide, set your Device Property "layiout-id" to 3 in config.plist, reboot and check your ioreg as shown in the guide, alc-layout-id should be 3 and layout-id should be 7. If you don't see this then the problem is with your kext's.

Once you you see alc-layout-id in the HDEF device directory tree then AppleALC is loading and you can work through the valid layouts again.

I added quite a bit more detail to the AppleALC section of the guide yesterday as some people still seem to be struggling, try re-reading the entire AppleALC section of the guide again and you should have a better insight as to how AppleALC works.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Cheers
Jay

@joskapista21,

Looking at your ioreg file in your last debug PR files it is easy to see that AppleALC is not loading as there is no alc-layout-id property in the HDEF directory tree, the guide shows how to do this check ...

I suggest deleting Lilu & AppleALC from /L/E, download the latest version again and reinstall them using the method in the guide, set your Device Property "layiout-id" to 3 in config.plist, reboot and check your ioreg as shown in the guide, alc-layout-id should be 3 and layout-id should be 7. If you don't see this then the problem is with your kext's.

Once you you see alc-layout-id in the HDEF device directory tree then AppleALC is loading and you can work through the valid layouts again.

I added quite a bit more detail to the AppleALC section of the guide yesterday as some people still seem to be struggling, try re-reading the entire AppleALC section of the guide again and you should have a better insight as to how AppleALC works.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I'm reading the full guide again and I will try to fix it later today.

@joskapista21,

Cheers
Jay

I've read the full guide and reinstalled all kexts but appleALC still not loading.
Is there any way to force it to load?
Tried to force it in Clover/ForceKextsToLoad and placed \Library\Extensions\AppleALC.kext but didn't help.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_11839.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
I've read the full guide and reinstalled all kexts but appleALC still not loading.
Is there any way to force it to load?
Tried to force it in Clover/ForceKextsToLoad and placed \Library\Extensions\AppleALC.kext but didn't help.

Thanks.

For more complete kernel logs, install debug AppleALC.kext, add kernel flag -alcdbg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back