Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8560w Mobile Workstation
CPU
Intel Core i7 2620M
Graphics
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M
In the post-installation stage of creating a Hackintosh my laptop, I am unable to acquire sound or internet.

I have installed and tried every single kext on this website that I can think of, but nothing. When I am in El Capitan, the OS seems to recognize my audio (Intel HD Audio) card under the "System Information" application. However having an Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 internet card, it doesn't seem to recognize it.

I have tried installing drivers for the Intel "stuff," but no luck.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

In the post-installation stage of creating a Hackintosh my laptop, I am unable to acquire sound or internet.

I have installed and tried every single kext on this website that I can think of, but nothing. When I am in El Capitan, the OS seems to recognize my audio (Intel HD Audio) card under the "System Information" application. However having an Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 internet card, it doesn't seem to recognize it.

I have tried installing drivers for the Intel "stuff," but no luck.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

You seem to imply you have Intel WiFI. Intel WiFi is not supported.
See FAQ for recommended Wifi hardware:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

The FAQ also has information on audio...

But isn't part of the same network card though?

But isn't part of the same network card though?

WiFi and Ethernet are completely separate devices.

I suppose it is possible they exist on the same PCB, but even if that was the case how is that relevant?
There are many devices on the motherboard PCB, yet we don't expect such devices to be handled by the same driver, do we?

I suppose not. It just seems weird (from a manufacturing perspective) to put two different cards with two different drivers on a laptop instead of simply one internet card with one driver.

Since I have you, (given my computer specs and with Intel HD Audio) would you recommend trying installing either Apple HDA or Voodoo HDA to try to get my audio working?

Last edited:
I suppose not. It just seems weird (from a manufacturing perspective) to put two different cards with two different drivers on a laptop instead of simply one internet card with one driver.

WiFi and Ethernet are completely different.
WiFi uses a radio.
Ethernet sends electric signals on copper wire.
Many laptops have both.
Each requires different/separate drivers as the hardware is separate and even the interfaces to the OS are different.

Since I have you, (given my computer specs and with Intel HD Audio) would you recommend trying installing either Apple HDA or Voodoo HDA to try to get my audio working?

It is really your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back