Contribute
Register

Attempted overclock on 9900k and now macOS wont boot just +++++ and nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill take a picture of what Im seeing and make sure it is unlocked but Im 99% positive it is. One sec

After you unlock it, do not load any saved BIOS profiles. That will lock it again.

Attachments

• ADDE1DF5-D5D0-48B1-B61A-B935149B0911.jpeg
    ADDE1DF5-D5D0-48B1-B61A-B935149B0911.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 107
And I haven’t loaded any bios settings at all once I unlocked it I did that before I unlocked it

So I managed to boot in via the clover bootloader on my USB drive and then when in the loader (on my USB) there I booted into my M.2 that my hackintosh build is on and for some reason I was able to boot into it. This is leading me to think something is wrong maybe with the M.2 drive?

So I managed to boot in via the clover bootloader on my USB drive and then when in the loader (on my USB) there I booted into my M.2 that my hackintosh build is on and for some reason I was able to boot into it. This is leading me to think something is wrong maybe with the M.2 drive?

Shouldn't be... macOS is on the M.2 SSD, right?

Try copying the EFI from your USB flash drive to the EFI partition of your M.2 SSD again...

Yea that is the weird thing macOS is on my M.2..But I am doing that and making sure everything is good within my config file. Thanks for the help btw you have gone above and beyond! I will report back when I reboot.

Still not working! I dont know why but I can only boot into my hackintosh m.2 via loading Clover Bootloader through my USB. I copied the EFI folder on my USB over to my EFI folder on my M.2 and then tried loading from my M.2 and it didnt work. I have never seen this issue on the forums before haha. Could it be a BIOS setting maybe? I do want to state that I never had to unlock the MR2 before but I wanted to try the Native NVRAM thing instead of emulated and once again it did work last night and this morning but when I tried to overclock it must have broke something. Another thing that is weird is the fact my bluetooth wasnt working and now when running the machine this way it is working again :confused:

Still not working! I dont know why but I can only boot into my hackintosh m.2 via loading Clover Bootloader through my USB. I copied the EFI folder on my USB over to my EFI folder on my M.2 and then tried loading from my M.2 and it didnt work. I have never seen this issue on the forums before haha. Could it be a BIOS setting maybe? I do want to state that I never had to unlock the MR2 before but I wanted to try the Native NVRAM thing instead of emulated and once again it did work last night and this morning but when I tried to overclock it must have broke something. Another thing that is weird is the fact my bluetooth wasnt working and now when running the machine this way it is working again :confused:

I don't get it either...

I made some changes to your config.plist and got rid of some stuff that I didn't think was necessary.

Yea I dont know man it is really weird... what im going to do is rebuild my hackintosh..sucks but starting from scratch may be the only option here :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back