Contribute
Register

Ati 6950 and 6970 team !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
racerboy3801 said:
hey guys
would a sapphire 6950 2gb version card work properly with 10.6.8?
Cheers

Not yet, unless you can get it flashed to 6970 but even then the support isn't very good. From my understanding it's all about waiting for the new Mac Pros to come out and hope that 6950/6970 drivers get updated from Apple at that time. I just returned a 6950 and got a 6870 for now.

akasurreal said:
racerboy3801 said:
hey guys
would a sapphire 6950 2gb version card work properly with 10.6.8?
Cheers

Not yet, unless you can get it flashed to 6970 but even then the support isn't very good. From my understanding it's all about waiting for the new Mac Pros to come out and hope that 6950/6970 drivers get updated from Apple at that time. I just returned a 6950 and got a 6870 for now.
thanks for your reply
Which card did you get as a replacement. I was looking at a 6870 overclock from gigabyte, would that also work?

doojobs said:
Anyone? I'm going to apple store in an hour to go buy a disc of LION anyone have any luck with this today?

No LION DISK or Physical Media, only digital download ATM...

anyone gotten their 6970 working in Lion yet?

doojobs said:
I'm just going to install Lion right now so we'll see what happens I got a 6950 and if that works then I'm assuming 6970 will work too. Let's hope I'll keep you updated

thanks good luck!

No luck for me, although I can't even install Lion to test it.
Everything is fine up until I boot the installer partition, but then it just boots to a grey screen unfortunately.

I then tried to install it with my old graphics card (8800gt). This got me to the language selection screen but then I ran into another issue as I realized my mouse and keyboard weren't responding. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

EDIT: Well I've solved the grey screen issue with my HD6950 install by deleting atiradeonx3000.kext and ati6000controller.kext in the installer partition. But I'm still stuck at the language screen with my keyboard and mouse not working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back