Contribute
Register

Ati 6950 and 6970 team !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
brokenmonkey said:
Does anyone know if you can buy a 6970 card like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814102915

and have it work in 10.6.7? I read the thread and it seems like there is already support for the 6970 chip, but I don't know if that extends to the kind of card you can buy and install yourself. Any help is much appreciated, I'm configuring a hackintosh for my friend and want the absolute best graphics card that will work in OS X.
No will not work. There isn't support for the 69XX cards yet.
read this one as well:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1678592

Then prowl here and see if somebody has one you will like that will perform
viewtopic.php?t=11366

Maybe a 5870 for you, they are working OOB Or maybe a 6870 2GB?

I'm not sure of how you can see what the fans are runing at, I'm sure there is somebody who knows here. There might even be a program you can find that will let you know whats going on don't know for sure.

I personally think that by the time the mac pro refresh comes we will definitely see an updated ATI6000controller kext that will support the 69xx cards. But hopefully we will see it sooner, possibly in 10.6.8 maybe? I really want osx to have support for the 6950 so bad!

Yeah i got about 15 days left to return my 6950... think I should return it or just wait it out? I really want it to work, its a great card.

I was playing Crysis 2 and Portal 2 on my 42" tv at amazing quality and speed. I want that power to work for my hack too! =(

What currently happens when Mac OS X is run with a 6950? Are any high resolutions (e.g., 1920x1080) supported, even without QE/CI?

nylock10 said:
What currently happens when Mac OS X is run with a 6950? Are any high resolutions (e.g., 1920x1080) supported, even without QE/CI?
I do believe nothing happens, as in black screen and fan at 100%. Though I haven't tested a 69XX card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back