Contribute
Register

ATI 5770 and Apple 27"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow guess i missed that. Looks really nice. Thing is, i just bought the ACD Led. *bummer*. Ah well the ACD will do fine for now.

justruss said:
This is a little off-topic, but actually pertinent to this thread:

Everyone who is interested in getting a 27-inch, ips, high-res monitor working-- should take a look at the within-days-release of the Hazro HZ27WC-- same panel as the ACD, but with CCFL instead of LED, and with DVI instead of Display Port.

Selling for 420 BGP including VAT via UK Overclockers. And, apparently, it might even be 399 BGP direct from Hazro once they start selling it themselves (supposed to ship in the next few days). Even better, I think they're going to ship to the US... and then no VAT (not sure if/what customs might try to ch arge).

In any case, the monitor actually got incredible reviews-- and there are a few other models with more inputs, anti-reflective matte screen, etc-- and I'm planning on picking one up once I move to Germany mid-May.

TL:DR - Cheaper, just-as-good, identical panel, monitor that uses DVI instead of DP.

Damnit! I wanted to get the Hazro HZ27WC. I'm in Canada and with shipping from Overclockers in the UK + taxes + duties, its gonna be the same price as an Apple Cinema Display.

Do they sell anywhere else?? Argh...

luch1050 said:
justruss said:
This is a little off-topic, but actually pertinent to this thread:

Everyone who is interested in getting a 27-inch, ips, high-res monitor working-- should take a look at the within-days-release of the Hazro HZ27WC-- same panel as the ACD, but with CCFL instead of LED, and with DVI instead of Display Port.

Selling for 420 BGP including VAT via UK Overclockers. And, apparently, it might even be 399 BGP direct from Hazro once they start selling it themselves (supposed to ship in the next few days). Even better, I think they're going to ship to the US... and then no VAT (not sure if/what customs might try to ch arge).

In any case, the monitor actually got incredible reviews-- and there are a few other models with more inputs, anti-reflective matte screen, etc-- and I'm planning on picking one up once I move to Germany mid-May.

TL:DR - Cheaper, just-as-good, identical panel, monitor that uses DVI instead of DP.

Damnit! I wanted to get the Hazro HZ27WC. I'm in Canada and with shipping from Overclockers in the UK + taxes + duties, its gonna be the same price as an Apple Cinema Display.

Do they sell anywhere else?? Argh...

From what I've heard, Hazro will be selling direct to anyone not in the UK (so you wouldn't go through UK Overclockers). And I'd guess that at least the shipping cost would be offset by deducting VAT.

Looks like a killer monitor. Better response times than the Apple. But fewer inputs and extras. And, of course, I imagine getting service would be a B#$@ outside of the UK.

injectx said:
Apple Cinema Display LED tested cards:
Updated: 1 april 2011

Aw man - i wish I had seen this list before I went and built my Hack (just this past weekend) -- I just assumed the Gigabyte HD 5770 (GV-R577UD-1GD) would be compatible with the ACD ... but! Now I am not so sure.

Has anyone tried this card with the ACD (I assume we'll need a DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort adapter). Am kinda sad I didn't see that before. Was planning on getting the ACD this weekend.

Do you think NewEgg will take a return based on a screw up like that?

Thanks,
Damon

thornomad said:
injectx said:
Apple Cinema Display LED tested cards:
Updated: 1 april 2011

Aw man - i wish I had seen this list before I went and built my Hack (just this past weekend) -- I just assumed the Gigabyte HD 5770 (GV-R577UD-1GD) would be compatible with the ACD ... but! Now I am not so sure.

Has anyone tried this card with the ACD (I assume we'll need a DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort adapter). Am kinda sad I didn't see that before. Was planning on getting the ACD this weekend.

Do you think NewEgg will take a return based on a screw up like that?

Thanks,
Damon

Don't know how Newegg is with returning cards but i've returned numerous hardware at other internet shops. Try it.

injectx said:
Don't know how Newegg is with returning cards but i've returned numerous hardware at other internet shops. Try it.

I may just try it if folks have OOB luck with the mini-display port version of the 5770 (http://www.amazon.com/XFX-PCI-Express-CrossFireX-Display-HD577XZMF3/dp/B003YL0WPU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1301999731&sr=1-1). I have had good luck with this card so far but am nervous about the ACD.

Does anyone have any remaining issues with the ACD or with their Hackintosh with that card? Speakers (on the ACD), iSight, etc? That monitor is more expensive than the computer - heh, but it looks very sweet.

Thanks for your input.

Damon

thornomad said:
injectx said:

I may just try it if folks have OOB luck with the mini-display port version of the 5770 (http://www.amazon.com/XFX-PCI-Express-CrossFireX-Display-HD577XZMF3/dp/B003YL0WPU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1301999731&sr=1-1). I have had good luck with this card so far but am nervous about the ACD.

Does anyone have any remaining issues with the ACD or with their Hackintosh with that card? Speakers (on the ACD), iSight, etc? That monitor is more expensive than the computer - heh, but it looks very sweet.

Thanks for your input.

Damon

My english sometimes lets me down, so sorry for that but what i can understand is that you want some advice on the XFX 5770? It's a great card, best compatibility i've seen yet. Everything works. Btw.. iSight and built-in audio has nothing to do with the GPU, that's all via the USB cable. And yes, it's pretty expensive but you won't regret it once you've used it ;) Weird, after 3 weeks of use i really got used to the size, thought i never would.

injectx said:
My english sometimes lets me down, so sorry for that but what i can understand is that you want some advice on the XFX 5770? It's a great card, best compatibility i've seen yet. Everything works. Btw.. iSight and built-in audio has nothing to do with the GPU, that's all via the USB cable. And yes, it's pretty expensive but you won't regret it once you've used it ;) Weird, after 3 weeks of use i really got used to the size, thought i never would.

Your English is great. I have a Gigabyte 5770 but without a Mini-DisplayPort that I bought last week. I am considering returning it and changing to the XFX 5770 so your advice is much appreciated. I was concerned that maybe there were other issues with the card (XFX) but if it is out-of-the-box (OOB) compatible, then I am going to do the swap and eat up the restocking fee.

I think I may go ahead and order that now. Time to get on with it!

Thanks,
Damon

thornomad said:
injectx said:

Your English is great. I have a Gigabyte 5770 but without a Mini-DisplayPort that I bought last week. I am considering returning it and changing to the XFX 5770 so your advice is much appreciated. I was concerned that maybe there were other issues with the card (XFX) but if it is out-of-the-box (OOB) compatible, then I am going to do the swap and eat up the restocking fee.

I think I may go ahead and order that now. Time to get on with it!

Thanks,
Damon

Good luck! Check my sig for MultiBeast installation settings. Oh wait, you already have that set since you own a Gigabyte 5770.

I have the 5770 and the ACD. You don't need a special graphics card. If you can get a normal graphics card for cheaper with a display port all you need is this cable...

http://estore.circuitassembly.com/produ ... Cable.html

I've purchased and used this cable, everything works as promised and it is simple plug and play. Issues with multi-monitors is also easily fixable.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back