Contribute
Register

ATI 5770 and Apple 27"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z3us68 said:
I bought the ACD 27'' and i Tested it with my graphic card Gigabyte Radeon HD GV-R687OC-1GD OC connected trough MD port.
The ACD work fine out of the box:
- display the BIOS screen
- fully recognized by OS-X, Facetime, audio and microphone works fine
- fully recognized by Win 7 64 bit Home Premium SP-1, iSight video, audio and microphone works fine.
Bye

Thanks for this valuable info man, how about in Chimera boot loader :D

KidCastro said:
Thanks for this valuable info man, how about in Chimera boot loader :D

What means?
If you need to know if the chimera boot loader appears to screen the answer is yes.

Tell me other if you need
byez

Z3us68 said:
I bought the ACD 27'' and i Tested it with my graphic card Gigabyte Radeon HD GV-R687OC-1GD OC connected trough MD port.
3658_main.jpg

The ACD work fine out of the box:
- display the BIOS screen
- fully recognized by OS-X, Facetime, audio and microphone works fine
- fully recognized by Win 7 64 bit Home Premium SP-1, iSight video, audio and microphone works fine.
Bye

is this the graphics card you used? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IF ... cx86com-20

I'm thinking of getting a 27' ACD myself. Does Thuderbolt work also with this card? Or just the ACD?
please let me know?

Thanks

cfsist said:
is this the graphics card you used? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IF ... cx86com-20

I'm thinking of getting a 27' ACD myself. Does Thuderbolt work also with this card? Or just the ACD?
please let me know?

Thanks
Yes it is but i think that the Thunderbolt display does not work with cards wich have mini display port.
The ACD Led Display (non thunderbolt) works fine with my macbook pro 2011 using the thunderbolt port.

bye

Hi

ive recently bought the hd-577x-zmf3 (XFX 5770) which i had seen to be confirmed as working but after i installed the card i can only get the DVI ports to work but no luck with the Mini display port which is what i bought the card for ive been testing it with a mini-displayport to DVI converter so i can test it with my original screen before i fork out for the ACD what i was wondering anyone would have any tips for me to get it working? my current configuration is to have graphics enabler=yes but i have also tried =No but neither got it working, i am yet to try ATY_Init.kext. The setup ive got the card in previously had a Nvidia 8600gt and i just swapped the cards over and havnt done a fresh install since so it is in a system with a custom DSDT which was built useing a 8600GT but i dont know if this should effect it? when i have the graphics enabler=yes it is detected as 5700/6700 and when no its detected as 5000 hope you guys could help out :)

Thanks in advanced

Rkool

Rkool said:
Hi

ive recently bought the hd-577x-zmf3 (XFX 5770) which i had seen to be confirmed as working but after i installed the card i can only get the DVI ports to work but no luck with the Mini display port which is what i bought the card for ive been testing it with a mini-displayport to DVI converter so i can test it with my original screen before i fork out for the ACD what i was wondering anyone would have any tips for me to get it working? my current configuration is to have graphics enabler=yes but i have also tried =No but neither got it working, i am yet to try ATY_Init.kext. The setup ive got the card in previously had a Nvidia 8600gt and i just swapped the cards over and havnt done a fresh install since so it is in a system with a custom DSDT which was built useing a 8600GT but i dont know if this should effect it? when i have the graphics enabler=yes it is detected as 5700/6700 and when no its detected as 5000 hope you guys could help out :)

Thanks in advanced

Rkool

I have the same card and the 27 inch ACD LED.

I'd definitely suggest a fresh install, anyway. But what version of the system are you using? At least with my setup 10.6.7 to 10.7.2 (I think), required a minor kext edit to make sure the right framebuffer was being set (otherwise the screen would stay black after Chameleon). But on 10.7.3 and 10.7.4 everything seems to work without any changes at all.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist has Graphics Enabler set to Yes. I don't remember everything I used in Multibeast, but it was quite minimal....

I can't help with the added confusion the mDP to DVI might be causing... but I can say that my ACD + (at least what I think) is the identical video card works. But I also bought my card about a year ago... never know if minor firmware/component changes have taken place (though I doubt it matters).

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back