Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS N71jq
CPU
i7-740QM
Graphics
HD 5730
I have installed Lion and Mountain Lion on my system but with 2 majour issues.

1) The most important is the support for this card. I cannot seem and has been trying for almost 2 years and have come out with no solution of how to achieve full resolution and graphics on my Laptop's monitor.

I somehow have full Graphics and HD resolution on any external monitor but never have i experience this behavior on the laptop's monitor.

2) My wifi drivers i used in Lion 10.7.1 and 10.7.3 no longer works. Or rather it connects to the network but i have no internet access, the DNS wont produce a correct IP address and if i set it i still have no internet connection Although it may be a driver issue, i think i started noticing this change after changing service providers so im not sure. I have tried different settings in my router but still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have almost the same problems. Anyone??? Please???

1. My N61JQ laptop with Ati5730 shows video only on my external monitor, completely black on my laptop screen.:banghead: It's a little better now running Mountain Lion 10.8.2 considering that before the last update, it was showing artifacts and sometimes it didn't even show display at all. Still thought, I miss my laptop's display so I can take it everywhere.:(

2. I never got my 6230 IEEE 802.11n (draft) Wi-Fi adapter to work at all.:banghead: It's a Bluetooth-Wifi Combo adapter but only the BT works, not the wifi. I am debating about putting my original wifi adapter back, but I don't wanna lose the benefits of Bluetooth. I use it quite often.

Someone help! and if possible, please write a detailed guide. this is my first mac. I am an advanced Windows user, but when it comes to macs, I am a total noob.:confused:

Here's my org.chameleon.Boot.Plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>