Contribute
Register

Ati 5450 issues with 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ssprod,

that is strange, it worked like a charm for me except for the stated incompatibility with the 2560 x 1440 hi-res monitor.

have you got any other non standard expansion cards installed? (raid card, usb card, 1394 card......?)

Poltergeist.. thanks again for your support. Finally, I did a complete re-install of 10.8.2, updated to 10.8.3, and I have a successfully recognized 5450. We're a persistent bunch, eh? Thank you! ssprod

They work with me like a charm with GE=Yes and No :D
My card is ASUS - EAH5450 SILENT/DI/1GD3
Thank you so much!
:clap::clap::clap:

Glad we have some others in need of the 68f9 device id and 10.8.3 fix.

curious, when you say downgraded to 10.8.2, how exactly did you do this? is it as simple as just launching the 10.8.2 combo update?

i will keep everybody posted if i find a fix for our 5450s and would like to know specifics for the downgrade process

thanks

Reinstall 10.8 with UniBeast on the 10.8.3 partition, comboupdate to 10.8.2, install patches (multibeast, other kexts, etc)

Hey guys I have an old scapper I put together with spare parts for my wife as a Hackintosh
Intel dual Core Dou 1.8ghz
G41 chipset
XFX 5450 1gb ddr3
500gb
1gb of ddr2(All I could scratch up)
Old Gateway case with a 400 no-name brand psu

the problem I'm having is sort of like you guys. After updating from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 the system would not boot past the apple screen as I got some type of panic from doing the update and as I said before everything worked like a charm in 10.8.2 . So now after erasing the partition and re-installing and cleanly updating to 10.8.3 I can boot and run mountain lion normally except for the fact that my 5450 video card only recognizes 7mb of video memory? very flustered here and trying a ton of different things that just aren't working? any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back