Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once confirmed I edit the DSDT with correct processor name aswell? (Mines missing the c in 5Y10c) then is the 1.4ghz the boost or you're going to run it on that always?

Hold on I've been testing on a clean install and set -turbo 1400 but it is going higher. So I have reservations. Install IntelPowerGadget-mac from Intel. Without any x86Platform plugin/shim (two kexts), you can watch one core pop up to 2GHz. As a result of this oddity I have reservation if it is working correctly. Let me know what you observe under load...

jhawk

Attachments

• IntelPowerGadget-Mac.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
Hold on I've been testing on a clean install and set -turbo 1400 but it is going higher. So I have reservations. Install IntelPowerGadget-mac from Intel. Without any x86Platform plugin/shim (two kexts), you can watch one core pop up to 2GHz. As a result of this oddity I have reservation if it is working correctly. Let me know what you observe under load...

jhawk
i installed the Power gadget from the zip you gave me so far CPU spikes to max of 1.8ghz when opening up a bunch of apps/chrome windows, anything else i could do to try and ramp up the load?

Also, how can i tell which core specifically is going up? the app only shows me the general frequency

Edit: going to use prime95 for load test.

jhawk
attached is a log file from the Intel Power Gadget of my CPU underload from a Quick Prime95 session, it seems to spike to 2ghz briefly then settles around 1.6-1.8ghz idk if its a single core, or both cores doing so.

Attachments

• PwrData_2015-07-11_18-07-59.csv.zip
    126.6 KB · Views: 70
attached is a log file from the Intel Power Gadget of my CPU underload from a Quick Prime95 session, it seems to spike to 2ghz briefly then settles around 1.6-1.8ghz idk if its a single core, or both cores doing so.

It would appear power management is working without interaction of OS X. Windows just upgraded while I was looking at it but it looks to be the same. Conclusion, I'm going to just let it do it's thing without OS X power management, since something is adjusting the CPU GHz.

jhawk

It would appear power management is working without interaction of OS X. Windows just upgraded while I was looking at it but it looks to be the same. Conclusion, I'm going to just let it do it's thing without OS X power management, since something is adjusting the CPU GHz.

jhawk
i was coming to the same conclusion: if it ain't broke don't fix it. as far as my stability since i played a little with the inject-id previously and used the one Rehabman had given me, i haven't had a single problem other than the voodooHDA.kext sometimes not loading when i restart, usually a reinstall using kext utility or a reboot without caches will fix the problem, other than that, no freezing in the past couple days.

I also used your appletouchpad kext you linked in the previous thread, i like the settings you had used so im keeping the configuration where it's at.

what is the ssdtPRGen.sh?

Disregard works without required change. Download Intel Power Gadget to see for yourself. I attached a few posts back.

jhawk

voodooHDA.kext sometimes not loading

Try the one attached it has a configure in SySPref it seems to stop that problem. May need to do without cache first time.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA-v2.8.7.pkg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back