Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having an issues with sleep. Every time i close the lid and open it back up i cannot see the screen. I can tell that the computer is still working and not frozen because i can press the power button and the press enter and it will shut down. After i restart the computer it will start loading whatever screens were open but it will freeze immediately. Its not until i do hard power off and the power back on that everything will work normal again. Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

It would appear power management is working without interaction of OS X. Windows just upgraded while I was looking at it but it looks to be the same. Conclusion, I'm going to just let it do it's thing without OS X power management, since something is adjusting the CPU GHz.

jhawk

Power management in kernel. It is part of OS X.

X86PlatformPlugin needed for other power management (GPU), proper sleep, etc.

Try using Jhawk's files. I had the same problem. I believe it was Jhawk's USB patching that fixed it. There is still an issue with restarting after a lid close and sleep, but I believe Jhawk said it was a necessary evil.

RehabMan,

For MacIASL if you create a patch repository what extension is required .txt or .patch.or something else?

Thanks
jhawk

Sarge999,

I did not realize that issue remained with the lid if sleep initiated prior to closing. However, a patch you might try:

Attachments

• ZenBooks LidSleep and ScreenBackLight Patch.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 86
RehabMan,

For MacIASL if you create a patch repository what extension is required .txt or .patch.or something else?

Thanks
jhawk

There must be a '.maciasl' file at the patch repo root. No extension.

It contains the title and file names of the patches within.

Refer to example: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

For system specific patch repos, I like to build a set of scripts/etc.

Refer to example: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

I actually use my scripts very early in the process as it automates patching/installation/etc, which reduces errors I might make otherwise. Having things scripted also makes it easier to try new ideas quickly.

RehabMan,

Thanks for the advice!

jhawk

Grrr... Im having some weird issues with MaciASL.

I did a clean install and wanted apply the patch from Jhawk about the lid sleep. I opened my DSDT file fomr EFI/Clover/Patched with and hit compile without applying any changes what so ever and i got four errors.

Then i tried to compile a new DSDT by using the F4 method from clover and get the exact same errors after applying all the patches from the guide.

I didnt have this problem before. Can anyone tell me what these errors mean and how i may fix them please?

Also, when i try to run the iasl. -da -dl *.aml command it doesnt create the .dsl files and says that they already exist?

I didnt get any of these errors the first time around.

Thanks...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.38.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.38.30 PM.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.38.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.38.40 PM.png
    56 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.38.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.38.57 PM.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.39.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.39.33 PM.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.40.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 8.40.09 PM.png
    66 KB · Views: 72
Grrr... Im having some weird issues with MaciASL.

I did a clean install and wanted apply the patch from Jhawk about the lid sleep. I opened my DSDT file fomr EFI/Clover/Patched with and hit compile without applying any changes what so ever and i got four errors.

You cannot open AML files directly and expect them to compile error free. You must always disassemble with SSDTs as context (iasl -da -dl *.aml).

Then i tried to compile a new DSDT by using the F4 method from clover and get the exact same errors after applying all the patches from the guide.

Make sure you disassemble with refs.txt and move the External declarations as required.

It is best to keep your patched *.dsl files around for the case you wish to apply additional patches later. Or automate the whole process so you can easily create patched files from native files without human error.

Also, when i try to run the iasl. -da -dl *.aml command it doesnt create the .dsl files and says that they already exist?

AE_ALREADY_EXISTS errors indicate you have multiple files (SSDTs or DSDT) that define the same symbol.

Jhawk - is the patch you posted already implemented or included as part of your dsdt/ssdt package?

Also, can't quite put my finger on the lingering issue. Sometimes after wake, the machine reboots itself. other times not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back