Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
sarge999,

That patch is new not in FastLanePackage.

Are any external devices attached at time of reboot?

jhawk

I have a sd card in sporadically, but can't remember if it caused reboots. I haven't had a reboot in a few days.

Can you tell me how to apply your latest patch? I've done some patching but am no where near on your level. Do I need to just apply the patch to my existing dsdt (i.e. yours, after disassembling) or do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

Sarge999

sarge999,
Just disassemble DSDT.aml into DSDT.dsl and open it in MacIASL then copy and paste patch into patch window, apply, compile and you are done. Caveat: if it fails you need external declarations not met you simply need the SSDT's disassembled.

Removed memory leak.

jhawk

sarge999,
Just disassemble DSDT.aml into DSDT.dsl and open it in MacIASL then copy and paste patch into patch window, apply, compile and you are done. Caveat: if it fails you need external declarations not met you simply need the SSDT's disassembled.

If you want ALS add that patch also and use new AsusNBFnKeys (Ambient Light Sensing) Forgot this, also remove ACPIBacklight.kext Biggest pro power saving.

Don't forget to save original in case it provides no significant change.

Never mind I just built both versions for you. Pick the one you want and rename DSDT.aml. Did not save DSDT.dsl

NOTE: Built from FastLanePackage DSDT

jhawk

In the Sarge999 zip file, there is 3 different DSDT's one in .aml one lid sleep, and one lid sleep ALS, i would like to use ALS, so i would take the lidsleepALS DSDT and convert it to .aml then move it into the clover patched file, replacing the other one (your fast lane dsdt) then install FNkey.kext you provided, restart, and all should be well?
let me know if i am missing a step, my machine seems to be working 100% other than ALS, don't wanna risk stability if i don't have too.

In the Sarge999 zip file, there is 3 different DSDT's one in .aml one lid sleep, and one lid sleep ALS, i would like to use ALS, so i would take the lidsleepALS DSDT and convert it to .aml then move it into the clover patched file, replacing the other one (your fast lane dsdt) then install FNkey.kext you provided, restart, and all should be well?
let me know if i am missing a step, my machine seems to be working 100% other than ALS, don't wanna risk stability if i don't have too.

Hold off found memory leak in ALS needs to be fixed first. Return to AsusNBFnKey.kext v 2.4 if you updated to 2.5.
If you need 2.4 Install Guide post 4

jhawk

Memory leak in what?

Crazy interaction with Google Chrome:

Google Chrome (map: 0xffffff801b1a42d0) triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff801b1a42d0, region 0x7fff86200000->0x7fff86400000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.

Crazy interaction with Google Chrome:

Google Chrome (map: 0xffffff801b1a42d0) triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff801b1a42d0, region 0x7fff86200000->0x7fff86400000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.

And this is somehow related to what you're doing in ACPI?

And this is somehow related to what you're doing in ACPI?

I had never observed this activity level prior to ALS, as a precaution I pulled back ALS. However, I am observing this occurring without ALS via tail today and it appears to be an erroneous connection of the two events on my part. For some reason the DYLD shared region struck me as related to ALS.

jhawk

RehabMan,

When you have some time to spare, please take a look at the attached file to see if you can identify root cause. Iv'e been through all logs and the best I can do is isolate first occurrence. Problem I can't wipe this install it is tied to a beta updater.

Johns-MacBook:~ jqp$ grep -r 'OSUnserializeXML: syntax error' /var/log/system.log
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 02:40:42 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 02:58:11 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 03:03:13 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 03:16:22 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 03:56:41 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 05:51:06 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 15:19:56 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 15:37:12 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
/var/log/system.log:Jul 17 15:48:09 Johns-MacBook kernel[0]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
Johns-MacBook:~ jqp

jhawk

Attachments

• SyntaxError.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 297
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back