Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Chrinist, RehabMan,

I put up the binary and some basic instructions (for DSDT) here:
https://github.com/maximevince/VoodooI2CPCI/releases/tag/v1.0

I am still working with with original VoodooI2C author to get it integrated, so please consider this as an intermediate "beta" version only!

Not sure if it will work, crash or eat your laundry, though...

Hey Chrinist, RehabMan,

I put up the binary and some basic instructions (for DSDT) here:
https://github.com/maximevince/VoodooI2CPCI/releases/tag/v1.0

I am still working with with original VoodooI2C author to get it integrated, so please consider this as an intermediate "beta" version only!

Not sure if it will work, crash or eat your laundry, though...

Haha, ok I'll try it in a little bit and let you know what happens.

OK, so here is where I am at with the Touchpad kext.

I did all of these steps without success...

First, I simply installed your kext from https://github.com/maximevince/VoodooI2CPCI/releases/tag/v1.0
No success

I downloaded the project and compiled it myself in Xcode...
No success

I tried installing both of these kexts with Kext Wizard as well as the Terminal Manual method mentioned on the website.
No success with either way.

Obviously, I restarted the computer multiple times each time a new kext was installed and I used Kext Wizard to Repair Permissions and Repair Cache after each installation.

I then tried to patch the DSDT.aml file with the code from the above website on a vanilla version of my DSDT
No success...It wouldn't even show anything the Patch Before and After view when I copied and pasted the code into the window (see screenshot for example)

I used MaciASL 6.1 when I was trying to patch the DSDT.dsl file

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 9.05.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 9.05.55 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Hey chrinist,
What does it say after loading the kext?
Can you $ cat/var/log/system.log

Also, can you send your IOReg (preferably after the kext is loaded)

Thanks

OK, here is all the info you wanted. I have included a copy of my kexts output via terminal before and after the kext is loaded on a reboot. Also, the IORegistry for my computer before and after the VoodooI2C.kext is loaded and a copy of the System log.

For my console log, I did a fresh reboot of the mac so you can see how the computer acts Right after a fresh start. My reboot starts in the console at June 30th at 10:10am so from there on you will see how the Mac booted up and what kexts were loaded.

I also did a “sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /“ to see what kexts were loaded and the VoodooI2C isn’t loader After a Fresh Reboot of the mac even though it was installed with Kext Wizard and it is in the S/L/Extensions Folder…

After I manually add the VoodooI2C.kext via the two Terminal Commands:

$> sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/VoodooI2C.kext /tmp
$> sudo kextutil -v /tmp/VoodooI2C.kext

It shows up when I do the “sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /“ command again. You can see the copy of the Terminal output I included.

Even when I manually load the VoodooI2C.kext, the track pad still doesn't work.

I also edited my config.plist on clover to force the kext to load on boot but that didn't work as well.

Attachments

• VoodooI2C_Info.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hey,

It's normal the kext does not show up when using "kextcache -u", it will only show you which kexts are "installed" in /S/L/E.
What you should use instead is "kextstat", which will actually show you all "loaded" kexts.

The system.log you sent me, doesn't even have the first logging line of the Kext showing, but i still need to look at your IORegs.

@chrinist , damn, of course, I completely forgot:
Apple loads its own Kext for the I2C controller (AppleIntelLpssI2C)
You should rename that Kext to something that won't load.
E.g.:
$> sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext.old

Then rebuild your kextcache, reboot, and try to load VoodooI2C again!

Hi,

I have a UX305CA-UHM4T and I'm wondering how is the compatibility for this one? It has a Intel Core m3-6Y30 (Skylake). Is there any guide I could follow to get almost everything working (QHD, touchpad, wifi, bluetooth, speakers, sleep)? I'd be so happy to transform this one into a hackintosh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back