Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW (Skylake i7-6700HQ, GTX 960M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to disable FakeID IntelGFX 0x12345678 in Clover Devices section, also use the IOKit patch, and use ig-platform-id 0x191b0000.
Yeah, thanks i've got it to work, was using ig-platform-id 0x01660003 before, don't really understand what the difference is now, still got screen flickering etc..

I was able to apply the following patches:

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix" Windows 8
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Add IMEI"
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

Ok since i don't know how to apply these patches could you maybe upload a zip copy of your EFI/CLOVER folder? (including your recent fix for the trackpad)
VoodooI2C (PCI) works!! Thank you jhax01
I now have I2C trackpad fonctionality.
I'm very thankful for the work you've done so far,
A big thanks m8, ;-)

Yeah, thanks i've got it to work, was using ig-platform-id 0x01660003 before, don't really understand what the difference is now, still got screen flickering etc..

0x01660003 is for Ivy Bridge/HD4000. Nonsense on Skylake hardware.

@Jingu @jhax01 ;
Thanks for the suggestions, I will adapt the VoodooI2CPCI to include your PCI controllers and make the delay longer.

hi~i have this laptop too.
Can you share your clover floder to me? thanks!

@jhax01 I have a different Asus laptop (N551VW) with pretty much exactly the same specs (I7-6700HQ, GTX 960M) and this touchpad method doesn't seem to work for me at all... my DSDT looks exactly the same as above, my IOReg does as well, My touchpad is also the ELAN1000 located on I2C1 with a161 I changed the timeout to 100ms and the device from 9d60 to a161 but when I load the kext I always get "Unknown synopsys component type: 0xffffffff" any clues?

Please have a dsdt and ssdt for this notebook?
Regards.
Ettore

Thanks but i have windows 10 in notebook, is OS. terrificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back