Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW (Skylake i7-6700HQ, GTX 960M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VoodooI2C (PCI) works!! Thank you jhax01

Turns out I have 2 I2C controllers:

Could you put your Clover, described as made 4k, and their kexts?

Hey, I have an ASUS UX305CA, and im trying to get trackpad working, can one of you guide me in the direction to install VoodooI2C?

Well, it's has an Intel Core i7 and an Intel Chipset, so, as expected, it boots the El Capitan installer fine, and boots later to the desktop fine, provided that the proper minimal kexts are used, and the Clover configuration is right.

I'm at the optimizing phase. There are quite a few thing that have to be done. Rehabman graciously provided all the guides for that.

Things that don't work so far:

-the M.2 NGFF Intel AC 7265 wireless card. Intel wireless cards have never worked in OS X, ever. I replaced it with the overwhelmingly recommended Dell DW1560 NGFF wireless card, based on the Broadcom BCM4352Z chipset. Rehabman provides the kext and the Clover configuration to get 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, bluetooth and handoff working.

-The Elan trackpad. Unfortunately, it doesn't use the standard PS2 interface, but a newer i2c interface. None of the trackpad kexts work: VoodooPS2Controller, ApplePS2Elantrackpad and ApplePS2SmartTouchpad. None of those work. You have to use a USB mouse for the time being. The keyboard works with VoodooPS2Controller, though.

I haven't tried activating yet the audio, the webcam, the backlight, power management, QE/CI graphics and 4K support.
can u do a video tutorial for the laptop i have the same laptop

I have create with F4 my dsdt and ssdt but i have a two error, why?

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    964.5 KB · Views: 204
These are the Error I get when trying to compile in MaciASL
35242, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    964.2 KB · Views: 165
These are the Error I get when trying to compile in MaciASL
35242, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

This file is already patched. Resolve all errors prior to applying functional patches. Then apply each patch one at a time. Test compilation (Compile button) in between each patch so you know that patch that is causing the problem and hence, your mistake.

OK i have extract dsdt and ssdt, i have correct syntax error, and have 0 error.
Schermata 2016-08-31 alle 16.34.25.png

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 162
I have insert patch: hpet and is present a error:
Schermata 2016-08-31 alle 16.40.31.png

I have insert patch: hpet and is present a error:

The "HPET Fix" patch assumes HPET._CRS is a method. If you look at your DSDT and the error you have, you will see the original _CRS was a Name. You could remove it manually before applying the patch and then you won't have the error.

But looking at your HPET code, you do not need the "HPET Fix" patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back