Contribute
Register

ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501JW - UHD, Intel GPU woes, graphical glitches persisted on power-off and visibl

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick report for posterity's sake and some questions:

CPU power management is not implemented.
IGPU PM is also not implemented.
Backlight control not implemented.
Nvidia not disabled.
Battery status is not implemented correctly.

• CPU Power management implemented with ssdtPRGen.sh, how do I check if it works correctly? I see clock frequencies scaling.
  • GPU PM same as above
  • Blacklight control implemented, thanks for the great guide!
  • Nvidia disabled, again thanks for the guide!
  • Battery status working

Assumptions I have to make (because they are difficult or impossible to verify from here):
- your framebuffer is being patched (to insure it is patched, boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot)
- you set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb
- you patched IOKit

Note: Sometimes you need to set a custom resolution (SwitchResX) with refresh rate set slightly less than 60Hz.

There is also at least one report of needing DVMT-prealloc at 160mb (framebuffer patch to match).

• Framebuffer was patched to 128/48/48 now its patched to 256/64/64 but still not perfect
  • DVMT pre-alloc was 128, now its 256 (can be increased to 512 max)
  • IOKit patched (using The Darkvoid's script)

Here is what remains:

• Can't run true 4K yet, display shows HDPI mode but if I select the rightmost 'most space, looks like 1920*1080' the screen starts glitching again, the upper part of the frame is rendered at the lower part of the monitor. What framebuffer and cursor size should I use? 512/128/128? I'm reluctant to experiment because when I make a mistake, the flickering stucks in the screen for several hours.
  • Audio is still glitchy with VoodoHDA (couldn't get AppleHDA patches to work)
  • Keyboard backlight is not working
  • Touchscreen (uses an SiS HID controller on the USB bus according to windows, doesn't show up at all in OS X)
  • RTS5227 PCI based card reader not working (probably never will)

Also graphical performance seems a little sluggish, possibly the HD4600 is underpowered for this resolution?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IOReg.zip
    493.4 KB · Views: 60
[*]CPU Power management implemented with ssdtPRGen.sh, how do I check if it works correctly? I see clock frequencies scaling.

X86PlatformPlugin is now loaded. You can see it in ioreg under CPU0.

[*]GPU PM same as above

GFX0 now renamed IGPU. You can see, in ioreg, AGPMEnabler is now present under X86PlatformPlugin.

[*]Framebuffer was patched to 128/48/48 now its patched to 256/64/64 but still not perfect
[*]DVMT pre-alloc was 128, now its 256 (can be increased to 512 max)

Framebuffer (BIOS memory) must match the DVMT-prealloc value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back