GeForce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I'm building a hackintosh for the first time and i noticed that most of the recommended motherboards for hackintosh are made from Gigabyte or ASUS. I was wondering if any motherboard made by either brand would work for hackintosh. I saw the Z9PE-D8 WS and new this would be a great motherboard, but I don't know if it is compatible with hackintosh or not. According to a couple different website ASUS motherboards work with hackintosh as long as its BIO system is a UEFI system. The Z9PE-D8 WS motherboard uses a UEFI system, but just knowing that doesn't mean its compatible with hackintosh.

My question is, is the ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS motherboard compatible with hackintosh?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 2.12.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 2.12.55 AM.png
    18 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 2.13.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 2.13.01 AM.png
    252.7 KB · Views: 212
It's been used successfully before. http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=asus Z9PE

The graphics card you'll use is just as important if not more than the motherboard selected. X99
motherboards and a 6 or 8 core I7 extreme cpu are what most use for a more powerful build along
with a high end Nvidia card that's in the buyer's guide. Just be aware that using a server motherboard
and a Xeon CPU for your build will give you mediocre gaming performance.

What graphics card do you think I should get. I was originally thinking of getting a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980. Would this graphics card work with the motherboard or should I get a Nivida card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back