Graphics
NVIDIA EVGA 960 ACX 2GO
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there, after many tries With El Capitan, without success, i manage to create a Mavericks Install.

I was confident, cause i have almost the same config as this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ro-wi-fi-ac-core-i7-4790k-evga-gtx-760-a.html

The only difference is the Nvidia 960 instead of the 760. Not a big deal i guess.

But, of course, I'm stuck at boot. Even using the same flags as the Successfully Thread.

I hope you guys can help me, i'm sure i made a mistake somewhere.

My Full config is:
Asus Z97 Pro Wifi ac - BIOS 2501
I7 4790K
2*8G RAM Gskil
SSD SAMSUNG 850 PRO
Nvidia Evga GTX 960 SSC ACX 2.0

So, I'm basically stuck at the boot. The Install won't load:

IMG_20151112_114224.jpg

Here are the step i did:
- I Unplugged the Data Drive, only the SSD remains

- I reset the bios to Default, and made only a few changes:
Under Advanced, I deactivate The Ethernet Card, Bluetooth and Wifi.

- I set the boot as follow:

IMG_20151112_115003.jpg

IMG_20151112_115030.jpg

So secure boot is enabled, only legacy selected...

I uses theses flags, same as the success post: "-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No,IGPEnabler=Yes,Darkwake=0,PCIRootUID=0"

Here i am, the last line is something about the Bluetooth, but deactivated or not, nothing changes.

Florent

Try installing without the GTX 960 - Use your integrated graphics.

Very Nice, thank you, this way i can do the install process.
But, it will be too good to be perfect.

I tried this two times, with and without the secure boot enabled in bios, but after the install, i can't boot to the desktop. Stuck with a nice apple logo and a loading circle for 30 minutes now, i think i can say it stuck :crazy:

The only difference is the Nvidia 960 instead of the 760. Not a big deal i guess.

The GTX 760 is natively supported. For the 960 you need to install Nvidia drivers.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you also need Yosemite to be able to install them for that card.

Algos is right of course. The 960 instead of a 760 is INDEED a big deal. For example, while the 760 uses the much earlier, more supported Kepler Architecture, the newest 960 uses the Maxwell Architecture (10.10 above only). The nVidia Web Drivers and the OS itself only supports Yosemite, unfortunately. Believe me I have tried to get it to work in Mavericks (I run a 960 on Win7, R9 270X on OS X). It just won't boot without nv_disable=1. Try Yosemite.

Hope I could help,

- Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back