Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

See if you can figure it out (not to come off as aloof, but it’s best you understand).

You first define a path (bridge) to the device, then you spoof it. All in the SSDT. It’s been awhile, but @etorix lays it out pretty good in that thread, and there’s more info on the Dortania wiki.

Reach out if you get stuck.

J
Also: I’m not in front of the system for the night, but I ‘think’ I already have a bridge SSDT in the EFI (even ‘tho I didn’t need to spoof). This is why I thought uncommenting OC/dp might actually work for you, but perhaps a bit more needs to happen for your XTXH card. In any event, if the SSDT IS there already, you might be more than half way there!
J

Not sure what I would be looking for. Attached is what is in your ACPI of your EFI.

I really don't know what I am doing but I am going to reinstall the OS (third times the charm?) so I can at least see something again and run Hackintool to try to get the PCI path of the RX 6900 XT. I figure I am going to need that at the very least no matter what. Then I'll try to figure out the next step.

Attachments

• SSDTs.png
    SSDTs.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 9
Not sure what I would be looking for. Attached is what is in your ACPI of your EFI.

I really don't know what I am doing but I am going to reinstall the OS (third times the charm?) so I can at least see something again and run Hackintool to try to get the PCI path of the RX 6900 XT. I figure I am going to need that at the very least no matter what. Then I'll try to figure out the next step.
Reinstalling won’t do anything. You need to figure out the spoof for your GPU. It doesn’t look like I have the SSDT in that package. I can attempt to make you one tomorrow, but I suggest you read up on the topic as I don’t actually have an XTXH card.

Reinstalling won’t do anything. You need to figure out the spoof for your GPU. It doesn’t look like I have the SSDT in that package. I can attempt to make you one tomorrow, but I suggest you read up on the topic as I don’t actually have an XTXH card.
All I can do for you tonight is provide you with the SSDT-BRG0.aml that I have on my z690 ProArt (which SHOULD work with your z790 ProArt). All this is doing is defining a name to the bridge so that it isn't left 'undefined.' With it, there's a chance that using OC/DP uncommented out it 'might' spoof your XTXH for you... I'm sorry, I just don't know -- I'm not an expert myself.

If it doesn't work, then you probably have to do the spoof in the SSDT-BRG0.aml.

The core reading is this:

This helped me, too:

Then the multiple threads here that have been already listed, and a few others. It can get confusing I know b/c different people create this .aml in different ways. I'm sorry I don't have all the answers for you as spoofing an XTXH wasn't something I've done. But never fear, many users HAVE done it.

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG0.aml
    137 bytes · Views: 8
Last edited:
I need to reinstall because it is the only way I can see what I am doing so I can run Hackintool on this hardware. I don't have another OS I can boot into to collect the details of the RX 6900 XT which I will need to do the spoofing correct?

All I can do for you tonight is provide you with the SSDT-BRG0.aml that I have on my z690 ProArt (which SHOULD work with your z790 ProArt). All this is doing is defining a name to the bridge so that it isn't left 'undefined.' With it, there's a chance that using OC/DP uncommented out it 'might' spoof your XTXH for you... I'm sorry, I just don't know -- I'm not an expert myself.

If it doesn't work, then you probably have to do the spoof in the SSDT-BRG0.aml.

The core reading is this:

This helped me, too:

Then the multiple threads here that have been already listed, and a few others. It can get confusing I know b/c different people create this .aml in different ways. I'm sorry I don't have all the answers for you as spoofing an XTXH wasn't something I've done. But never fear, many users HAVE done it.
I appreciate the help. I will give it a shot as soon as I can.

I need to reinstall because it is the only way I can see what I am doing so I can run Hackintool on this hardware. I don't have another OS I can boot into to collect the details of the RX 6900 XT which I will need to do the spoofing correct?
Yes, or Windows. You just need the path.
I appreciate the help. I will give it a shot as soon as I can.
ok, last thing and this SHOULD work:

1) Install my supplied BRG aml and make sure it’s active in OC
2) Uncomment the properties in OC/dp BUT make sure there is a line that contains device-id / data / BF730000.

THAT will spoof correctly without adding a spoof to any ssdt.

Let us know,
J

Unfortunately, the SSDT-BRG0.aml file didn't help with my issue. Thank you for trying though. It is much appreciated.

I did get my device paths through Hackintool after reinstalling:

Navi 21 [Radeon RX 6900 XT] - Device ID: 0x73AF

IOReg Path: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC00@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG1@1/IOPP/PEGP@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/GFX0@0

Device Path: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Navi 21/23 HDMI/DP Audio Controller - Device ID: 0xAB28

IOReg Path: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC00@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG1@1/IOPP/PEGP@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/HDAU@0,1

Device Path: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)

Now I just have to figure out how to use this info to spoof the card. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
Yes, or Windows. You just need the path.

ok, last thing and this SHOULD work:

1) Install my supplied BRG aml and make sure it’s active in OC
2) Uncomment the properties in OC/dp BUT make sure there is a line that contains device-id / data / BF730000.

THAT will spoof correctly without adding a spoof to any ssdt.

Let us know,
J
YESSSS! That did it!

Thank you once again! :headbang:

Back