Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

AppleNVMe errors what nvme are you using ?
I am using the WD SN850X NVMe. I think this one is fully supported. I used this NVMe for my Z490 E Gaming, and there were no issues at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please try the attached EFI folder, but once again copy Serial Numbers into PlatformInfo -> DataHub prior to use. Also ensure that ProcessorType is 3841 as shown.
Hi @CaseySJ. I tried your new EFI and it WORKS!!!
You are brilliant! Thank you very much : ))))

P/S I can now add Whatevergreen kext without any issues :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 17.15.01.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 17.15.01.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I am using the WD SN850X NVMe. I think this one is fully supported. I used this NVMe for my Z490 E Gaming, and there were no issues at all.
Make sure you update the SN850X to the newer firmware- there were some early versions that did cause Hackintosh users some issues.

Make sure you update the SN850X to the newer firmware- there were some early versions that did cause Hackintosh users some issues.
Hi Gandem, I did update the nvme to the newest firmware. I used the above CaseySJ’s EFI and there are no issues :D

Yes, I used the Z690 as well and it worked great. There was a special on the Z790 ProArt so I grabbed one and it works very well so far. I still use @CaseySJ EFI but I am on OC 0.9.4, just copied all his items over but I created my own usbports.kext from Hackintool with my own labels and have little to no issues.
Hello, I couldn't find the infos, or maybe I missed it, for the Z790 ProArt : does the WiFi M.2 is M.2 only, not Cnvi, same as the z690 ProArt?

Hello, I couldn't find the infos, or maybe I missed it, for the Z790 ProArt : does the WiFi M.2 is M.2 only, not Cnvi, same as the z690 ProArt?
The Z790 ProArt has a wifi M.2 but it is located at the same spot where the wifi antenna is. You need to open the 2 screes under the board to get to it. I changed my to the Broadcom version

Has anyone installed the Mac OS 14.1 update yet? Any issues we should know about?

speaking about Sonoma updates....What is the really downside on disable SIP in order to get the WIFI working??? Anything special that we should be aware....TKS

Back