Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

No I have not. I haven't taken any extra steps to get sleep working. Maybe it's lightning in a bottle, but it's definitely consistently working.
Wow. It’s beyond me how you got it working. It’s been just troubles here.
Then I second @Azimuth1 request: can you attach your EFI please?

at this point could you be so kind to post your EFI? I will double check with mine to see if there are relevant differences.
Sure, I'm away from home on vacation atm. Will post it when I return next week. Just curious, am I the only Z690 ProArt user using the 10Gb Nic with working sleep?

Wow. It’s beyond me how you got it working. It’s been just troubles here.
Then I second @Azimuth1 request: can you attach your EFI please?
Maybe it's a BIOS thing, I'm running 2103, and have never gone beyond that. Will definitely share when I return from vacation.
@CaseySJ is your sleep functioning properly?

@surfintheinterweb,

I like your keyboard and mouse mat. Please share the link and or where you purchased it. TIA.

I have mine commented out by using a # like below, works in Ventura and Sonoma with no issues. Yes, sleep is broken currently using the 10G Aquantia port for all.

View attachment 569247
:thumbup: I thought it I miss some steps so I installed the system for 8 times@@@@. I think I have to wait a new perfect EFI then.

@surfintheinterweb,

I like your keyboard and mouse mat. Please share the link and or where you purchased it. TIA.
Here you go
I got them from a shop down the road (Chch New Zealand) but this is the manufacturer website. They've got a heap of Apple replica stuff (or even better) at great prices.

Maybe it's a BIOS thing, I'm running 2103, and have never gone beyond that. Will definitely share when I return from vacation.
@CaseySJ is your sleep functioning properly?
Unfortunately sleep does not work for me in latest Ventura with Ethernet cable plugged into 10GbE port...

BCM94360CD can now be enabled in SONOMA, and the method is as follows.

1. Set "csr-active-config" to 03080000.
  2. Add "amfi=0x80" to "boot-args."
2023-07-24_20-33-06.png

3."Add csr-active-config to Delete"
2023-07-24_20-34-46.png

4. Load IOSkywalk.kext and IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext (minimum kernel version 23.0.0)

2023-07-24_20-27-25.png

5.Prevent loading com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily (minimum kernel version 23.0.0

2023-07-24_20-32-46.png

6.Set Secure Boot Model to Disabled

2023-07-24_20-24-38.png

7. "Please ensure that both the patch and KEXT are loaded before restarting your computer."

8.Download OCLP 6.8

9.implement

2023-07-24_20-59-22.png

source:https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pull/1077

Attachments

• IO80211FamilyLegacy-v1.0.0.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IOSkywalkFamily-v1.0.0.zip
    387.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jeson

Thanks for sharing the full procedure! It’s a bit involved, but better than nothing.

If you’ve tried this, do all Continuity features work? I would expect them to.

@Jeson

Thanks for sharing the full procedure! It’s a bit involved, but better than nothing.

If you’ve tried this, do all Continuity features work? I would expect them to.
I apologize for my limited English skills, but I'll do my best to convey the message clearly. Currently, this method is only temporary, achieved by patching and injecting IOSkywalk.kext and IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext (with a minimum kernel version of 23.0.0) to disable the system core com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily and enable the BCM94360CD WiFI driver.

However, there may be some issues with this approach:

1. After applying this patch, incremental updates will not be possible.
2. After each OTA update, please reapply the OpenCore Legacy Patcher.
3. As IOSkywalkFamily is replaced, all wired network cards that rely on DriverKit will no longer function. Only IOKit drivers, such as AppleIGC.kext, can be used. For example, Intel i225/226-V can only use AppleIGC.kext.
4. If Wi-Fi still doesn't work after patching, please use IORegistryExplorer to check if IO80211AsyncEventUserClient is present. If not, reapply the patch and verify the relevant settings for correctness.

I'm providing this information for reference, and I hope a better solution will be available soon.

Currently, using this method, Wi-Fi and AirDrop are both functional, and no issues have been encountered so far!

Translation: AirPlay, Sidecar, and Universal Control

Last edited:
Back