Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@CaseySJ @ffjigft and anyone else on this thread with this board and Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 devices.. just curious, as my hackintosh is running so smoothly now (wow that took a month, haha, and thank you both so much for all your hard work!!), as I understand the only reason TB2 devices are working is because the Thunderbolt is being spoofed with the EFI config..

so.........

I installed Windows and it seems there's no way I'm getting Windows support with TB1 & TB2 devices.
So.... anyone know of a way to spoof the Thunderbolt to Titan Ridge in Windows, or Linux or any other OS?

"
Thunderbolt
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi has an on-board Thunderbolt 4 controller in the form of Intel's JHL8540. Although not fully supported by macOS at this time, it works quite well by spoofing its NHI sub-device (Native Host Interface) to Titan Ridge. Hot plug, sleep, and wake have been quite successful in (limited) tests performed thus far. Older Thunderbolt devices such as Thunderbolt 2 and those with an Alpine Ridge JHL6240 controller may not hot plug, but they should work when connected before boot.

Update 14 Jan 2022: After more careful tests, it appears that either one (a) soft reboot or (b) one sleep/wake cycle is necessary to enable the controller after each cold start. After this, the controller is functional even when the system is shut down and warm restarted (i.e. without unplugging it from the wall or flipping PSU switch to off).
"

Read from page 290 onwards, or click this post.

4. Switching from MacPro7,1 to iMacPro1,1 significantly increased the Metal score? Will it be helpful for Adobe users? I will try it today. However, when I use AE/ME, there are some crashes, which I need to investigate.

My metal scores went from 180k to 220k just by changing the SMBIOS from 7,1 to 1,1.
So yes, big improvement for Metal applications such as Adobe products.

I've been using the kext combination Bluetoothfixup 2.6.4, IntelBlueToothFirmware 2.2.0 and IntelBTPatcher 2.2.0 and these were working fine for my BlueTooth mouse till public beta 3 of 13.4 which broke the Intel Bluetooth on my Z690 ProArt board.
@Jeson I'm confused. In your post, you said: "1. If I use the original Intel WiFi/BT kexts, the system displays that it has been driven, but in fact, it cannot connect to Bluetooth devices such as mice or keyboards. Here, I disabled the BT/WiFi option in the BIOS and plan to use the BCM94360CD instead."

So, are you saying you replaced an Intel WiFi card with a Broadcom (BCM) one and switched your Intel drivers (like the ones that the other user is mentioning) to BCM ones to match or something else that I'm missing?

@Jeson I'm confused. In your post, you said: "1. If I use the original Intel WiFi/BT kexts, the system displays that it has been driven, but in fact, it cannot connect to Bluetooth devices such as mice or keyboards. Here, I disabled the BT/WiFi option in the BIOS and plan to use the BCM94360CD instead."

So, are you saying you replaced an Intel WiFi card with a Broadcom (BCM) one and switched your Intel drivers (like the ones that @ArBar is mentioning) to BCM ones to match or something else that I'm missing?
This most likely means:
  • Disable on-board WiFi and Bluetooth, which disables the M.2 slot into which the Intel AX2xx module is installed
  • The AX2xx module can remain installed
  • BCM94360CD is available on the Fenvi FV-T919 PCIe x1 add-in-card, so it would be installed in an available PCIe slot
  • macOS supports the BCM94360CD natively, so no drivers need to be injected via OpenCore; this device is plug-and-play compatible

Hi CaseySJ,
I was wondering if you had a chance to test the front Type-C port connectivity under Windows (do you remember I asked other forum members whether they had a brief disconnection when connecting external drives to the Type-C port?
Ohhh one last question please: off the top of your head, do you notice the same issues w/ ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI? IE:
  • Type-C rear ports not remounting automatically after reboot (macOS only)
  • front Type-C preventing sleep (macOS only
  • front Type-C ejecting drives briefly upon connection (macOS + Windows)
I'm currently a couple of thousand miles away from home :) but I seem to recall testing this briefly under Windows. The front USB-C port exhibited the same connection issues there as it does under macOS. Hopefully others can test this while I'm away.

it seems that macOS 13.3.1 (a) Rapid Security Response update broke sleep on 13.3.1 when AQ113 is connected: system enters sleep and does not wake up; if it does, it reboots. that's what happens when updating from 13.3.1 on MacPro7,1.
let me know if you have different results.

it seems that macOS 13.3.1 (a) Rapid Security Response update broke sleep on 13.3.1 when AQ113 is connected: system enters sleep and does not wake up; if it does, it reboots. that's what happens when updating from 13.3.1 on MacPro7,1.
let me know if you have different results.

** Owners of Asus Z690 ProArt or Hero or Any Other Board with On-Board 10GbE **

If you have installed Ventura 13.3.1 and the Rapid Security Response that was recently released, does your system sleep and wake when an Ethernet cable is connected to the on-board 10GbE port?

Hi, I had SO many issues on MacPro7,1 with Pr&Me. I am trying an iMacPro1,1 configuration and will report back.
In the meantime - did it fix it for you?
I am still testing it except for sleep mode. I will submit the report as soon as possible.

Hello all... I could use some help please!

I have TWO systems built off of this thread.. thanks @CaseySJ ! The first is a z690 with a 13700k, the other is a z790 with a 13900k.
Hello,

You can remove EC0 by adding this line on your SSDT-EC-USBX.
Code:
    External (_SB_.PC00.LPCB.EC0_, DeviceObj)

If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0))
    {
        If (((CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._HID) && CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._CRS)) && CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._GPE)))
        {
            Scope (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0)
            {
                Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (0x0F)