Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello,

You can remove EC0 by adding this line on your SSDT-EC-USBX.
Code:
    External (_SB_.PC00.LPCB.EC0_, DeviceObj)

If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0))
    {
        If (((CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._HID) && CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._CRS)) && CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._GPE)))
        {
            Scope (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0)
            {
                Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (0x0F)
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
View attachment 566378
Thank you for the response @maxxx !

I’ll compare yours to mine and make sure I’ve done it right. I’ve come to learn that I don’t have to worry about the H_EC in my dsdt, so hopefully the book is closed and I’m all the wiser.

Best,
J

Hi CaseySJ,
I was wondering if you had a chance to test the front Type-C port connectivity under Windows (do you remember I asked other forum members whether they had a brief disconnection when connecting external drives to the Type-C port?
Ohhh one last question please: off the top of your head, do you notice the same issues w/ ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI? IE:
  • Type-C rear ports not remounting automatically after reboot (macOS only)
  • front Type-C preventing sleep (macOS only
  • front Type-C ejecting drives briefly upon connection (macOS + Windows)

Hi, it seems not many people are using a Z690 Creator MB with iMacPro sysdef. I was wondering if you applied any special setting to CaseySJ's EFI. I am setting up another macOS installation to try iMacPro1,1 sysdef to check a few things, especially the following one:

Hi, I had SO many issues on MacPro7,1 with Pr&Me. I am trying an iMacPro1,1 configuration and will report back.
In the meantime - did it fix it for you?

uhm... My Metal score is around 180K but I have an 6800XT not a 6900XT... so probably with iMacPro1,1 and 6900XT I should gain a better score.

I've chosen that sysdef because I was previously using it already, and, also, because it needs less kexts than MacPro7,1. But I've not thought to special performances. Anyway, I use some Adobe programs extensively: mainly Ps&Lr&Br&In, and I didn't have any issues so far. If you wanna me to test something under Pr, I'm available.

** Owners of Asus Z690 ProArt or Hero or Any Other Board with On-Board 10GbE **

If you have installed Ventura 13.3.1 and the Rapid Security Response that was recently released, does your system sleep and wake when an Ethernet cable is connected to the on-board 10GbE port?
At the moment (Ventura 13.3.1a) with manual sleep (I haven't had the time to test for automatic sleep), the sleep/wake cycle is normal with 10Gbe connected.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response @maxxx !

I’ll compare yours to mine and make sure I’ve done it right. I’ve come to learn that I don’t have to worry about the H_EC in my dsdt, so hopefully the book is closed and I’m all the wiser.

Best,
J
@maxxx
the one I made and I think attached to my first thread (which does seem to be working) is more-or-less just like yours, EXCEPT I don't have what I'm assuming are conditional arguments... mine doesn't have the "If (CondRefof...)" and "If (Land (Land (CondRefof...)" but just goes straight to "Scope (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0) and from there on out it's the same.

I apologize for not being versed enough (yet) but might you clarify if that syntax is actually necessary?

Thanks so very much!
J

This conditional code creates the _STA method to disable the ACPI device in macOS only if there is a \_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0 device which is an actual embedded controller (has _HID, _CRS and _GPE methods/properties). If you have followed the "manual method" from Dortania to make your own custom SSDT instead of relying on generic code, you can indeed skip this part.

Just to make it a little more explicit:
  • CondRefOf checks whether the device, method, field or other entity specified within the parentheses actually exists
  • This is good programming practice and also allows us to create a single SSDT with multiple CondRefOf statements that can be used on any motherboard by adapting itself to the motherboard
C:
    External (_SB_.PC00.LPCB.EC0_, DeviceObj)

If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0))
    {
        If (((CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._HID) && CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._CRS)) && CondRefOf (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0._GPE)))
        {
            Scope (\_SB.PC00.LPCB.EC0)
            {
                {
                    If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (0x0F)
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

** Owners of Asus Z690 ProArt or Hero or Any Other Board with On-Board 10GbE **

If you have installed Ventura 13.3.1 and the Rapid Security Response that was recently released, does your system sleep and wake when an Ethernet cable is connected to the on-board 10GbE port?
I have updated to Ventura 13.3.1a and my 10GbE port is connected to a 10GbE switch. Both auto and manual sleep are still functioning for me.

This is good programming practice and also allows us to create a single SSDT with multiple CondRefOf statements that can be used on any motherboard by adapting itself to the motherboard
Indeed, this is how Dortania proposes a "universal" SSDT which looks for many common EC names and disables them if found. This code further completes its checks by looking if there is NOT already a _STA method—in which case it cannot do anything. (!CondRefOf = NOT CondRefOf; retrurns "true" if the device/method/field does NOT exist)
Those who, for some reason, wish to keep the conditional part when customising their SSDT may want to add this last condition as well.

Code:
    If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0))
    {
        If ((((CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0._HID) && CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0._CRS)) && CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0._GPE))
            && !CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0._STA)))
        {
            Scope (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0)
            {
                {
                    If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (0x0F)
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

Question for the hackintosh experts.. I'm planning to upgrade my CPU to i9 13900K on my z690...What would be the best BIOS version and if any issues on the ones already using..

Thanks!!

Question for the hackintosh experts.. I'm planning to upgrade my CPU to i9 13900K on my z690...What would be the best BIOS version and if any issues on the ones already using..

Thanks!!
BIOS v. 9901 if you have NOT updated the ME yet.

Back