Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@Cavid72

Have you tried disabling NVMeFix.kext?

To those who have updated to 2204, is your Thunderbolt controller working normally after the NVM firmware update?

That is, if after a cold boot, enter the BIOS, then warm restart and load the OS. Is your Thunderbolt controller detected?

I need precise instructions on how to create a cpufrienddataprovider.kext.
I have build a new hackintosh with an Intel i7-13700k.

Got panic after disabling NVMeFix.kext, second one just now.
Is the WD860 newly installed or was it working properly for some time?

In other words, when did this panic start to occur? What changed?

I need precise instructions on how to create a cpufrienddataprovider.kext.
I have build a new hackintosh with an Intel i7-13700k.
The existing version can be used. If you search google for CPUFriendDataProvider you’ll get the answers. Some folks recommend disabling CPUFriend during macOS updates and regenerating the data provider kext after each update, otherwise kernel panics might occur.

Others suggest not using this at all. So it’s good to read the various guides on the Internet (there are only 2 or 3) from the experts.

Is the WD860 newly installed or was it working properly for some time?

In other words, when did this panic start to occur?
It was working without any issues upon first install which was a couple of months ago. did not use Mac OS for some time. on pc mainly what has changed is BIOS, now on v.2004. Third panic took place.

It was working without any issues upon first install which was a couple of months ago. did not use Mac OS for some time. on pc mainly what has changed is BIOS, now on v.2004. Third panic took place.
Are all of the panics related to NVMe SSD, similar to this:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80115866a2): nvme: "3rd party NVMe controller. Loss of MMIO space. Write. fBuiltIn=1 MODEL=WDS500G1X0E-00AFY0 FW=614600WD CSTS=0xffffffff US[1]=0x0 US[0]=0x20 VID=0x15b7 DID=0x5011 CRITICAL_WARNING=0x0.\n" @IONVMeController.cpp:6090

Are all of the panics related to NVMe SSD, similar to this:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80115866a2): nvme: "3rd party NVMe controller. Loss of MMIO space. Write. fBuiltIn=1 MODEL=WDS500G1X0E-00AFY0 FW=614600WD CSTS=0xffffffff US[1]=0x0 US[0]=0x20 VID=0x15b7 DID=0x5011 CRITICAL_WARNING=0x0.\n" @IONVMeController.cpp:6090
Yes, all similar. One of users said that switching NVMe SSD to slot 1 helped. So I did the same. Mac OS ssd was in slot 2. I will watch Mac OS behavior and get back with the result.

Last edited:
Back