Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I am getting occasional freezes and restarts.
Here is my crash report and EFI folder. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

ps:i am on 12.5

Attachments

• Crash.txt
    4 KB · Views: 37
  • EFI.zip
    45.3 MB · Views: 37
I am getting occasional freezes and restarts.
Here is my crash report and EFI folder. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

ps:i am on 12.5
Is your CPU and/or memory overclocked?

Is your CPU and/or memory overclocked?
I followed @CaseySJ guide. Xmp1 profile with my ram speed. 5200 mhz. Today i reverted back to auto then i tried again still freezing.

Then deleted my efi and copied from a previous backup. Right now not freezing. I believe it was a corrupted efi folder.

finger crossed

** Update on Stability of Asus ROG Strix Z690-i WiFi mini-ITX System **

Although I ran MemTest sometime ago (for only a few minutes) with no errors reported, I decided to replace both memory modules with those from my Asus ProArt Z690-Creator. And so far the system has been solid, but I'll stress this thing out and report the outcome.
Update 1:
Just installed the suspicious DDR5 memory modules into the ProArt Z690-Creator and macOS crashed on first boot right after logging in. Now filing an RMA with G.Skill...

** Update on Bad G.Skill DDR5 Memory **

After sending the faulty memory modules to G.Skill under RMA on July 25, I received a brand new pair of identical DIMMs yesterday, which is 5 business days after they received the modules.

Very good customer service from G.Skill.

I have a number of other G.Skill modules and none of them has failed [yes, 'none has']. This particular pair that failed was purchased directly from MicroCenter, but it was a customer return. Perhaps MicroCenter should have tested the returned item before re-selling it.

IMG_6926_resize.jpg

Sealed:
IMG_6927_resize.jpg

Last edited:
** Update on Bad G.Skill DDR5 Memory **

After sending the faulty memory modules to G.Skill under RMA on July 25, I received a brand new pair of identical DIMMs yesterday, which is 5 business days after they received the modules.

Very good customer service from G.Skill.

I have a number of other G.Skill modules and none of them has failed [yes, 'none has']. This particular pair that failed was purchased directly from MicroCenter, but it was a customer return. Perhaps MicroCenter should have tested the returned item before re-selling it.

View attachment 552522

Sealed:
View attachment 552523
I got a faulty Radeon from Microcenter... wouldn't post. it was a return as well. Your mileage may vary when using used parts. I returned it and got the radeon from elsewhere; thus far, no problems.

** Intel WiFi and Bluetooth Now Working in Monterey and Ventura **
Credit: @beelzebozo for pointing out the solution on GitHub​

Refer to post below for the juicy details!

Caveats:
Various Continuity features of macOS do not work with Intel Bluetooth. Here is a list of what will not work:
  • AirDrop
  • Sidecar
  • Universal Control
  • Continuity Camera
    • Including extended version in Ventura that lets you use iPhone camera for video conferencing
  • Continuity Markup and Sketch
  • SMS and Phone
  • Auto-Unlock
  • Apple Pay
But these features will work:
  • Handoff
  • Continuity Clipboard

How to Configure:
  • Ensure that Intel Bluetooth USB port is enabled (e.g. HS14 on Asus ProArt Z690-Creator, Gigabyte Z390 Designare, and some others).
  • If Intel WiFi and Bluetooth have been disabled in BIOS, enable them in BIOS.
  • If a Broadcom WiFi/BT card is installed, physically remove the card.
  • I'm using AirportItlwm 2.2.0-Alpha from here and have manually renamed the files to:
    • AirportItlwm-Monterey.kext
    • AirportItlwm-Ventura.kext
  • The latest Intel Bluetooth files are in the file Kexts.zip located here. Copy all of them to EFI/OC/Kexts folder. It's best to be on OpenCore 0.8.2 or later.
  • Then have a look at these two screenshots:
View attachment 551789View attachment 551790
On Gigabyte Z390 Designare please do this as well:
View attachment 551794
I did used same Kexts from https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/issues/369#issuecomment-1193041516, but My BT is not fully working. It doesn't show scan results for my Realme Bud Q and Mivi Roam 2 Headset. But shows my Samsung F62 smart phone and I can connect to the phone and transfer files. Only issues with the headphones or speakres. All 3 devices are on Bluetooth 5.0.

Mobo: GIgabyte Z690 UD AX with Wi-Fi 6E AX211 and Bluetooth 5.2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 12.59.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 12.59.05 PM.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 32
  • EFI.zip
    28.4 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 7.15.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 7.15.16 PM.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 29
I did used same Kexts from https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/issues/369#issuecomment-1193041516, but My BT is not fully working. It doesn't show scan results for my Realme Bud Q and Mivi Roam 2 Headset. But shows my Samsung F62 smart phone and I can connect to the phone and transfer files. Only issues with the headphones or speakres. All 3 devices are on Bluetooth 5.0.

Mobo: GIgabyte Z690 UD AX with Wi-Fi 6E AX211 and Bluetooth 5.2
Hello @Thamizhan

This sounds like a problem with the driver itself, so it’s best to report the issue to the developers on their GitHub site.

Back