Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

ISK (Image Signing Key) is your private key which is only used for signing. You don't need to upload ISK to your motherboard. You only upload PK, KEK and DB.
Thanks again, I should have read it properly.
I have one more question: Do I still need an Unbuntu installation to set up Secure Boot or is there also a method under MacOS or Windows 11? I didn't want to install another operating system.

Thanks again, I should have read it properly.
I have one more question: Do I still need an Unbuntu installation to set up Secure Boot or is there also a method under MacOS or Windows 11? I didn't want to install another operating system.
You don't need to install another OS. You can download Ubuntu and run it as a VM from macOS using virtualization software like vmfusion player or Virtual Box.

Folks,
I’m wondering if any of you have experienced cpu warping due to the ILM on this (or other) 690 board. I’m contemplating a build but am planning on the washer trick I guess.
Thanks!
J
No one?

I have used three Z690 boards (Asus ProArt, Gigabyte Aero G, Asus ROG Strix mini-ITX) and never worried nor encountered a warping issue.
Fascinating, thank you!
I’m curious, ‘though, what are your max temps?
Best,
J

Adding a fourth board to the stats. No issues on MSI.
And can I ask your typical max temps? Obviously, cooler, case, paste, clock all make a difference so it's totally arbitrary.

And can I ask your typical max temps? Obviously, cooler, case, paste, clock all make a difference so it's totally arbitrary.
I'm running a mastering session hovering around 45c with a simple Be Quiet Slim cooler and stock case fans! I used to leave the fans off and case open but things got...dusty.

I've also never throttled in a bench mark but surely could if I tried. E-Cores are off.

I'm using a 3D printed aluminum bracket from Karta OC on this rig and I've noticed a 4c drop in temperatures on idle and at full load. YMMV?

Back