Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I think this was actually fixed in Monterey 12.3. Even with OpenCore 0.7.9 and the standard kernel v3 patch I can boot back and forth between macOS and Windows without needing a cold start to get the Aquantia to connect. Will retest later today to be doubly sure.
Would that be the FIRST ever report of 12.3 fixing something instead of breaking it? :p

Would that be the FIRST ever report of 12.3 fixing something instead of breaking it? :p
12.3 also fixed issues with the TS4 on Apple silicon. 12.3 beta was a pain with that dock. I’m talking hard kernel panics during wake from sleep.

But 12.3 still has issues obviously like broken Radeon default drivers. What’s curious is it’s been several days since the 12.3 release, and no word of 12.3.1 or 12.4 beta1. Perhaps apple is taking the negative feedback to the studio monitor and 12.3 in general to heart and fixing bugs?

I think this was actually fixed in Monterey 12.3. Even with OpenCore 0.7.9 and the standard kernel v3 patch I can boot back and forth between macOS and Windows without needing a cold start to get the Aquantia to connect. Will retest later today to be doubly sure.

Confirmed.

Just booted Windows 11 that has the Aquantia driver installed, then warm booted into macOS 12.3. This is being posted from the 10GbE Ethernet port.

Early findings with CalDigit TS4...
The device does not work when plugged directly into either TB port on the ProArt. It does work when I loop it through the UltraFine monitor. I decided to try it under Big Sur 11.6.5, and not only was it not recognized when plugged directly into the motherboard, it disabled the TB Bus. If I boot into Big Sur with it looped through the monitor, USB ports were recognized, but the device itself was not seen in the TB bus, only the UltraFine. Hackintool sees it as Goshen Ridge, so that's probably part of the issue in Big Sur. With the reports of issues with 12.2.1 and 12.3 still fresh, it seems like there are still some bugs to be ironed out.
You may need to unplug power from the TS4 (too bad it doesn't have a power button) for a few minutes and then replug it. Any time I've had trouble with it, this procedure to reset it has worked for me. I also ditched the TB4 cable that it came with. It's been rock solid on Apple Silicon ever since. I will admit it is a bit quirky, might be the Goshen Ridge NVM 38.1...

1648611058520.png

Last edited:
You may need to unplug power from the TS4 (too bad it doesn't have a power button) for a few minutes and then replug it. Any time I've had trouble with it, this procedure to reset it has worked for me. I also ditched the TB4 cable that it came with. It's been rock solid on Apple Silicon ever since. I will admit it is a bit quirky, might be the Goshen Ridge NVM 38.1...
Not having any noticeable problems with the TS4 on my M1 Mini (on 12.3). I’ll have to try it on my z390 with patched GC-TR card.

View attachment 545118
Are you using Monterey 12.3?
Is Thunderbolt board port hot plug capable?
Can you share your EFI?
Thanks!

Are you using Monterey 12.3?
Is Thunderbolt board port hot plug capable?
Can you share your EFI?
Thanks!
This is taken from an Apple Silicon MacBook Pro. I would suggest to use Casey's EFI on Post #1 of this thread. My findings for z690 is that hot plug is working in 12.1, but 12.2.1 and 12.3, hot plug is finicky. Sometimes there's only one or two successful hot plug events before the need to do a sleep/wake cycle or restart. This is in reference to Thunderbolt hot plug...USB hot plugging is working fine.

Last edited:
I've been having a problem with the Ethernet port i225-V (2,5GbE).

After few second (Like 5 seconds), the port just disconnect and does not reconnect anymore. I've tried on 2 different Z690 Pro Art and same thing happen.
Is there something that I'm doing wrong?
Something that I miss ?

My 10GbE AQC113C works fine, that only happen with 2,5GbE.

After few second (Like 5 seconds), the port just disconnect and does not reconnect anymore. I've tried on 2 different Z690 Pro Art and same thing happen.
Something that I miss ?

Hello @Pin3ro

Please see Post 2, particularly the sections “Background” and “System Information”.

Something that I miss ?

Probably the same problem as mine. I got the tip from @gandem:
Try changing the flow control under the network settings.
From full duplex, flow control, energy efficient Ethernet to full duplex, flow control.
That has helped me. After that it kept the network connection.

Attachments

• screenshot Network flow control.png
    screenshot Network flow control.png
    621.8 KB · Views: 46
Back