Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Soon I'll compare the manually modified config.plist with the HackinDROM version to see what the differences are. For some reason when I selected "Update" pop-up button from HackinDROM, the modified EFI folder would cause boot process to freeze somewhere during the early boot stage after ACPI/DSDT has been processed.
Hello Casey
any news about this issue ?

Did a properties injection as described in the thread below:

Tested with my Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary. It works.
No more graphic glitches. System performance is fine again.

Note: Deleted the other graphic properties under DeviceProperties in OC and disabled the SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml under ACPI.

Attachments

• screenshot about this mac.jpg
    screenshot about this mac.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 40
Not really. I‘m on big sur 11.6.5 and newest update of logic just runs fine. Apple is known to bug you to update, but not that aggressive…
Man I wish I knew this sooner, I was having loads of issues of issues with the previous version of Logic (even on my MacBook Pro) that I was desperate to update.

I ended up taking the plunge but it has caused me further issues which I can only assume are now hardware related

1. Wifi keeps disconnecting
  2. Bluetooth mouse is slow (Apple Magic Mouse)
  3. Logic Pro audio driver keeps disconnecting (UAD Apollo X8 Thunderbolt)
I assume it is OpenCore related but I'm a noob so it could be anything

Hi @CaseySJ

have you tried using Apple frame-buffer like Belknap, for your RX 6800XT to improve GPU power management & named it as Radeon Pro W6800X ?

I have the following properties suggestion :

View attachment 542018

and for copy/paste :

ATY,Card# = 102-D41711-00
ATY,Copyright = Copyright AMD Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2005-2021
ATY,DeviceName = W6800X
ATY,EFIVersion = 01.01.270
ATY,EFIVersionB = 113-D417A1XL-021
ATY,EFIVersionE = 113-D4171N-436
ATY,EFIVersionROMB = 113-D417A1XL-021
ATY,FamilyName = Radeon Pro
ATY,Rom# = 113-D4171M-270
device_type = ATY,BelknapParent
model = AMD Radeon PRO W6800X
name = ATY,Belknap

All theses data have been extracted from AMD firmware update included on Monterey :)

I am curious to see if Geekbench 5.0 score improve.
can I ask where you get this data from? I would like to extract these myself from monterey updates, can you detail the process?

can I ask where you get this data from? I would like to extract these myself from monterey updates, can you detail the process?
I'm interested too, but @CaseySJ seems to had a bad result using these :banghead:

Did a properties injection as described in the thread below:

Tested with my Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary. It works.
No more graphic glitches. System performance is fine again.

Note: Deleted the other graphic properties under DeviceProperties in OC and disabled the SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml under ACPI.
Sorry I don’t know too much about opencore but I have the same issues with my RX6800. How do I fix it. Thank you for your help

Sorry I don’t know too much about opencore but I have the same issues with my RX6800. How do I fix it. Thank you for your help
Either you also do it via a properties injection (but please note that this is Belknap and not Adder!) or you copy the attached file into your ACPI folder and then integrate the file with OC correctly. Should help, good luck!

Attachments

• SSDT-R6EO-RX6800XT.aml
    413 bytes · Views: 42
All such SSDTs have to adapted for ACPI path, according to the build, and GPU properties, according to the model.
It would probably help to centralise the investigations, and the proposed solutions, in a single thread for easier reference.

Hello @Elias64Fr

I'm afraid this has led to some counter-intuitive results! :)

View attachment 542024View attachment 542025View attachment 542026
AFTER THE CHANGE:
  • Metal = 151713
  • OpenCL = 113765
  • Device Name = AMD Radeon Pro W6800X
View attachment 542027View attachment 542028
BEFORE THE CHANGE:
  • Metal = 160708
  • OpenCL = 119895
  • Device Name = AMD Radeon HD GFX10 Family Unknown Prototype
View attachment 542030View attachment 542029
I think this problem is related to SMBIOS of MacPro7,1. In my case I moved the same card to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 and it is detected correctly.

1647532631243.png

All such SSDTs have to adapted for ACPI path, according to the build, and GPU properties, according to the model.
It would probably help to centralise the investigations, and the proposed solutions, in a single thread for easier reference.
The thread already exists:

Back