Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Last edited:

This is a quirk of some ASUS boards and Opencore/macOS.

Fix: enable the DisableRtcChecksum quirk.
Thank you, will reboot in a moment to see if that has worked.

Last thing I promise Any ideas why my Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt audio interface isn't being found when I have the Maple Ridge driver installed?

I honestly can't thank you guys enough, massive help

Unfortunately still doing the same thing, I've tried to digest the rest of that page but I'm lost as to how to dig deeper into the problem
All I can say is BIOS 0811 and 1003 didn't do that with DisableRTCChecksum ticked on.

Unfortunately still doing the same thing, I've tried to digest the rest of that page but I'm lost as to how to dig deeper into the problem
I don't have DisableRTCChecksum enabled. On BIOS 1003 here. My board takes an abnormally long time to POST, but not 5 minutes. And never into the AMI Safe Mode screen, that has only happened if the computer was shutdown during POST.

When you get to that screen, can you F1 into the BIOS and then Save & Reset instead of booting straight into the OS?

All I can say is BIOS 0811 and 1003 didn't do that with DisableRTCChecksum ticked on.
I took the plunge and it updated OK (thankfully) As part of updating the BIOS, I initialized the settings, and it booted fine from shutdown and restart. I have now reimplemented the settings in the guide, and it's doing it again, weirdly.

Strangely doing some tests and it is booting when I have XMP disabled and GPU Bar disabled
1645280157155.png

@CaseySJ
Do you have any problems with the lower on-board port? I can't seem to get any devices to be recognized on that port, whether connected before boot or otherwise. Would love to get confirmation with same or similar hardware. I have external Lacie TB2 SSD's (via Apple adapter) Envoy Express, my TS3 Plus dock. The upper port works relatively well.
Also, my TB devices do not come back after sleep with on-board TB. I've seen discussions of an improved MR SSDT in the Aero G thread, but that's for the GC-Maple Ridge, correct?

Back