Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I'm nervous as hell, also I don't have a Windows machine to format the drive etc to FAT32 nor can I open the BIOS renamer tool.

Is this a problem? Bare in mind that when I updated to 1003 it showed as completed but then ended up in a boot loop with no way of fixing it (Someone with more experience may have been able to)
The BIOS renamer tool is really only for when you want to do a flashback... otherwise if you update the BIOS from within the BIOS itself, all you have to do is find the requisite BIOS file (whatever it is named) and it will update the system normally.

When I had the ProArt in my possession I updated to 1003 without issue but I didn't use flashback, I just used the BIOS GUI itself to do the update and I didn't have the boot loop problems that Casey and garyoconnorDJ had. I also don't know what benefit if any 1003 has over 0811...

The BIOS renamer tool is really only for when you want to do a flashback... otherwise if you update the BIOS from within the BIOS itself, all you have to do is find the requisite BIOS file (whatever it is named) and it will update the system normally.

When I had the ProArt in my possession I updated to 1003 without issue but I didn't use flashback, I just used the BIOS GUI itself to do the update and I didn't have the boot loop problems that Casey and garyoconnorDJ had. I also don't know what benefit if any 1003 has over 0811...
Thats how I done it, using the EZ Flash 3 Utility.

I'm going to try without updating then if I have to I'll be doing it with extreme caution

I used the Asus Flash utility from BIOS to update from 0811 to 1003. Also reverted back to 0811 and back, no issues.

Update

All installed and working, 2 small problems I’ve found although the answers may be in the 55 pages in this thread

- intermittent Bluetooth with Magic Mouse and keyboard

- no Thunderbolt driver installed

Can anyone point me in the right direction? i.e., have they already been covered?

Thanks

Update

All installed and working, 2 small problems I’ve found although the answers may be in the 55 pages in this thread

- intermittent Bluetooth with Magic Mouse and keyboard

- no thunderbolt driver installed

Can anyone point me in the right direction, ie have they already been covered?

Thanks
Assuming your using built-in Maple Ridge Thunderbolt- are you saying under the PCI heading in system report, it is reporting no driver installed? Or under the Thunderbolt/USB4 heading it says "no hardware found". The latter is normal.
What Bluetooth hardware are you using?

Assuming your using built-in Maple Ridge Thunderbolt- are you saying under the PCI heading in system report, it is reporting no driver installed? Or under the Thunderbolt/USB4 heading it says "no hardware found". The latter is normal.
What Bluetooth hardware are you using
54F629DE-25E6-45B9-AA3F-C148EADDA7E9.jpeg
A couple of screenshots for you,

Am I right in saying that resetting the machine will then bring up the Thunderbolt driver for Maple Ridge?

I have a Titan Ridge 2 but ideally I don’t want to use space up inside with it

Attachments

• 1AB7BC5F-1D14-4C1C-8BD8-3FF7FFB72CA7.jpeg
    1AB7BC5F-1D14-4C1C-8BD8-3FF7FFB72CA7.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 54
Are you using the SSDT provided in the @CaseySJ's EFI? Please provide a screen shot of your ACPI window and Kernel window from Open Core Configurator. This way we can see what is enabled/disabled.

EDIT- @garyoconnorDJ -Sorry, just noticed you mentioned Titan Ridge V2? Is this a flashed Titan Ridge or stock firmware? There are a couple of possibilities, but to avoid complications, I would go with one or the other, if you you have Titan Ridge installed, then make sure you disable the on-board Thunderbolt in the BIOS, then move forward with getting Titan Ridge working.

Last edited:
Are you using the SSDT provided in the @CaseySJ's EFI? Please provide a screen shot of your ACPI window and Kernel window from Open Core Configurator. This way we can see what is enabled/disabled.

EDIT- @garyoconnorDJ -Sorry, just noticed you mentioned Titan Ridge V2? Is this a flashed Titan Ridge or stock firmware? There are a couple of possibilities, but to avoid complications, I would go with one or the other, if you you have Titan Ridge installed, then make sure you disable the on-board thunderbolt in the BIOS, then move forward with getting Titan Ridge working.
I do have one but ideally I'd rather use Maple Ridge to free up that PCIE space, I'll attach those screenshots now

Bluetooth is my biggest dilemma, I have tried to disable the 3 Kexts as it says to do so in the fault finding guide on Pg 1.

Attachments

• ACPI.png
    ACPI.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 19.42.33.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 19.42.33.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 38
Another Adobe Premiere Update:

So I believe the latest issues are solved with Premiere under the latest MacOS 12.2.1 and Premiere 22.2. While the newest Premiere version and MacOS version did not provided patches to address the problem. You can uninstall Premiere after you have updated to the the latest MacOS and then reinstall it. This has cleared up the UI lagging and is performing very well. No crashing or hanging. I believe the only thing I would recommend is 64gb ram for video, but I'm going to hold off until later in the year when we get a little more stable (and cheaper) on the DDR5 side.

Back