Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

This is explained in the build guide in Post 1 (Tech Talk -> On-Board Devices). The short answer is this:
View attachment 575261

Also uncheck XhciPortLimit when using the 15-port SSDT.
Thanks so much! I've spent several hours looking for this and couldn't find it. I appreciate you taking the time to answer a question that you had already answered. Hope you enjoy the rest of the day!

So here are my findings on BIOS 2703 & AQC-113CS firmware 1.3.33
  • system goes to sleep one first sleep command, bam, no hesitations
  • when rebooting, the front Type-C port does not loose connection to whatever is connected to it (do you remember this post of yours CaseySJ? ...unfortunately, it is still not able to sleep when a Type-C device is connected to it :/
  • board is stable on 64GB DDR5 2x32GB 6400GT/s w/ OC tight timings and undervolt, whereas it did not happen on BIOS 2204 nor on BIOS 2103 using the same settings nor pushing voltages higher than now. pretty sure my board is limiting me from reaching higher frequencies, but this is another matter
If you are interested in upgrading firmware of your AQC-113CS, you can do so checking this thread on rog-forum.asus.com, where the user d5aqoep posted a firmware. I think the same firmware is on Dell website as well - check the thread. So 'credit' goes to d5aqoep so this little trick.

I finally decided to upgrade the AQC-113CS firmware of my Asus Z690 ProArt. I downloaded the file from Dell, which apparently is the same as the one posted by d5aqoep. From a Windows 11 PowerShell, I ran the update utility and it went through without any issue.

And we can see that the firmware has been upgraded to 1.3.33 (it used to be 1.3.15). Sleep and wake in latest Sonoma 14.2 public beta is working well with cable connected.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 4.38.16 PM.png

What is the consensus on OpenCore 0.96 ? Haven't seen @CaseySJ mention it. Are there any problems using Hackindrom to update?

What is the consensus on OpenCore 0.96 ? Haven't seen @CaseySJ mention it. Are there any problems using Hackindrom to update?
I have updated all of my systems to OpenCore 0.9.6 without any issues.

I finally decided to upgrade the AQC-113CS firmware of my Asus Z690 ProArt….Sleep and wake in latest Sonoma 14.2 public beta is working well with cable connected….
Hey CaseySJ! I am very glad that I was able to give back to the community (especially you) a tiny fraction of what I got from you guys. :)
Yes, sleep has been working each and every time. This firmware update in pretty much the cherry on the cake haha.

Hey CaseySJ! I am very glad that I was able to give back to the community (especially you) a tiny fraction of what I got from you guys. :)
Yes, sleep has been working each and every time. This firmware update in pretty much the cherry on the cake haha.
This past weekend I experienced several system crashes upon wake-from-sleep. That's when I remembered your post and decided to update the Aquantia firmware. After the update all is well! :)

I just upgraded to a RX 6600 from a RX 570, and I have the pikera boot argument. But system information is showing my old GPU info. I'm sure I'm missing something, I only have 2 out of 4 monitors working... any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have to go to work now so I can't dig deep ATM for all that say rtfm. hehe. :p

I just upgraded to a RX 6600 from a RX 570, and I have the pikera boot argument. But system information is showing my old GPU info. I'm sure I'm missing something, I only have 2 out of 4 monitors working... any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have to go to work now so I can't dig deep ATM for all that say rtfm. hehe. :p
Is this happening on an Asus Z690 ProArt or the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH that is listed in your profile?

Gigabyte motherboards can be finicky when GPUs are replaced. We should do a CMOS Reset and re-configure BIOS after installing a new GPU.

Is this happening on an Asus Z690 ProArt or the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH that is listed in your profile?

Gigabyte motherboards can be finicky when GPUs are replaced. We should do a CMOS Reset and re-configure BIOS after installing a new GPU.

The ProArt.

I guess I connected everything too quickly. I had extra cables from old monitors and didn't connect the cables correctly, LOL... oopsie.

All good now. The name of the GPU in system info is written in the plist. So I edited it. There does seem to be a performance increase, but not as much as I was hoping. It's not a $2000 card. :)

It seems I’m getting a bit of flickering on my new RX 6600 with the Z690 ProArt.. mostly on YouTube specifically.. maybe it’s an AMD Freesync issue? So far the overall performance upgrade from the RX 570 is minimal at best… sigh.. I’ll try tonight when I get home to see if it’s a monitor setting .. wish me luck
I guess I need to upgrade to a 6800 or 6800 XT to get a real performance upgrade.. cards are so pricey right now so that’s why I picked the 6600

Edit: seems like turning AMD FreeSync OFF on the monitor has helped the youtube flickering.

Last edited:
Back