Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Been having the same, exact thoughts.

Asus released the XG-C100C V2 lately which uses AQC113CS: is it supported as well?
The new Asus card seems to use the same Aquantia (Marvel) chipset as Gigabyte’s GC-AQC113 (which I have). This means a simple SSDT can be used to spoof device ID.

To everyone please (you, @CaseySJ , @etorix in particular)
Does it happen to you that, if you connect a USB-C drive to the TB ports, as soon as you reboot the hack such device is not automatically mounted? It is required to physically unplug it and plug it in again.
I can test this later today using a USB-C flash drive.

The new Asus card seems to use the same Aquantia (Marvel) chipset as Gigabyte’s GC-AQC113 (which I have). This means a simple SSDT can be used to spoof device ID.

Hello :)
I googled it and found here it used to be equipped w/ AAQC107? Regardless, do you have any sleep issue with your card? I am referring to the issue we have when a cable is plugged into our Creator’s 10GBe port.

I can test this later today using a USB-C flash drive.
Thank you so much.

Good job and good plan. One word of advice: double check that all documents, media, applications and plus-ins are present before erasing the main disk.
@CaseySJ done!!! Everything is working flawlessly now!!! Finally! :) ... Ventura is up and running without problems !

Just one Q: I'm using your SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V1B.aml for enabling Thunderbolt ports and everything is working fine with USB/Usb-C devices... but I cannot see any Bridge Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt Ethernet available under System Settings -> Networks . Why? Should I miss something here? I've tried with V2 version but it's the same.

I googled it and found here it used to be equipped w/ AAQC107? Regardless, do you have any sleep issue with your card? I am referring to the issue we have when a cable is plugged into our Creator’s 10GBe port.

Thank you so much.

Tested my TH/USB-C ports and devices (NVMe disks with USB-C 3.2 gen.2x2 controller) are correctly hot plugged again when I restart my machine.

Thank you so much.
The Gigabyte GC-AQC113C is installed in my Z390 Designare test bench. In Monterey 12.6.4 sleep works properly with cable connected to AQC113C. Just confirmed that a minute ago.

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 5.13.07 AM.png

@Casesj done!!! Everything is working flawlessly now!!! Finally! :) ... Ventura is up and running without problems !
Glad to hear it. Sometimes we just need to clean up from years of 'baggage'!

Just one Q: I'm using your SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V1B.aml for enabling Thunderbolt ports and everything is working fine with USB/Usb-C devices... but I cannot see any Bridge Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt Ethernet available under System Settings -> Networks . Why? Should I miss something here? I've tried with V2 version but it's the same.
Thunderbolt Bridge devices such as those shown below will only appear when Thunderbolt Bus is enabled.
Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 5.19.28 AM.png

Thunderbolt Ethernet will appear if a Thunderbolt Ethernet device is connected. Here's what it looks like when my Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter is connected:
Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 5.22.21 AM.png

To everyone please (you, @CaseySJ , @etorix in particular)
Does it happen to you that, if you connect a USB-C drive to the TB ports, as soon as you reboot the hack such device is not automatically mounted? It is required to physically unplug it and plug it in again.
Just tested this on Asus Z690 ProArt with Ventura 13.2 and a USB-C enclosure containing NVMe SSD. Unfortunately you are right — when connected to a Thunderbolt port, the drive vanishes on reboot and needs to be unplugged and re-plugged.

Glad to hear it. Sometimes we just need to clean up from years of 'baggage'!

Thunderbolt Bridge devices such as those shown below will only appear when Thunderbolt Bus is enabled.
View attachment 564159
Thunderbolt Ethernet will appear if a Thunderbolt Ethernet device is connected. Here's what it looks like when my Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter is connected:
ok, but how do I enable the Thunderbolt bus in primis?

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 14.59.07.png

PS:
for me it seems to be ok, but on the Networks I have:

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 14.55.23.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 14.54.22.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 14.54.22.png
    794.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
ok, but how do I enable the Thunderbolt bus in primis?
Only Big Sur enables Thunderbolt Bus with Maple Ridge on Asus Z590 and Z690 boards.

Why do you want Thunderbolt Ethernet Bridge?

Only Big Sur enables Thunderbolt Bus with Maple Ridge on Asus Z590 and Z690 boards.

Why do you want Thunderbolt Ethernet Bridge?

Thank for your reply. I see other users - you included - to have at least Thunderbolt Bridge under Ventura machines. . So something’s wrong with my Thunderbolt patch. IOReg is showing basically that is not enable, isn’t it?

I'm interested in Thunderbolt Ethernet Bridge because I want to connect point to point my Mac with a Thunderbolt NAS.

Back