Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I'll give these a try, but I'm getting blocked at the gateway so I don't believe it's the router. It's not a dns issue, just zero response from the site or TonyMacx86 IP address. This happened a couple of years ago, @adamsmasher found it and fixed it last time.

View attachment 540918
What is the IP that's being blocked?

What is the IP that's being blocked?
Hi there. I just tried to PM you the IP address, but I'm getting a permission error. Can you PM me?

Hi there. I just tried to PM you the IP address, but I'm getting a permission error. Can you PM me?
Use Contact Us email. See bottom left of this page.

That's quite odd. For me the system auto-boots the correct disk after each restart, but I think something gets shortcut because the "10 minutes remaining" does not appear. Will keep working on it...

Just set SecureBootModel to j60. Trying 12.3 beta again for the nth time. :(
I just installed 12.3 beta and I did get the 10 min countdown message. Also, left SecureBootModel. No issues... except for the blocky tears in the wall paper that you mentioned! I applied your network card patch and all is well on that front!

Hello @CaseySJ and everyone else...

Finally, I'm also on board for the Asus ProArt Z690!

I had to delay my initial plans a little bit, since the MB and other components like ddr5 memory were still unavailable in Europe.

I've just purchased:

- Asus ProArt Z690 Creator Wifi
- Intel Core i9-12900k
- Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black
- XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT Speedster Merc 319 Black Gaming 16GB
- G. Skill Z5 RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000Mhz CL32 Black
- Fractal Design Torrent Black RGB TG Light Tint
- EVGA SuperNova 850GA
- 2 x WD Black SN850 1TB
- Fenvi T919

I was very happy that @CaseySJ has decided to make a build and guide with this MB, since is my preferred MB. I've been watching this thread, thank you @CaseySJ and everyone else for the great efforts and tutorials. I might then need your help setting things up, and I'm available of corse to test and report as well.

Cheers

Last edited:
and yes... we have more Gigabyte boards and feedbacks than with Asus boards. but if chip in a ThunderboltEX3-TR the same as in a board ProArt Z490 Creator, I think it may to work :)
The combination of a Gigabyte Titan Ridge AIC and Asus motherboard should also work fine, either with original firmware or a well-tested patched firmware.

Last edited:
Hello @CaseySJ and everyone else...

Finally, I'm also on board for the Asus ProArt Z690!

I had to delay my initial plans a little bit, since the MB and other components like ddr5 memory were still unavailable in Europe.

I've just purchased:

- Asus ProArt Z690 Creator Wifi
- Intel Core i9-12900k
- Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black
- XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT Speedster Merc 319 Black Gaming 16GB
- G. Skill Z5 RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000Mhz CL32 Black
- Fractal Design Torrent Black RGB TG Light Tint
- EVGA SuperNova 850GA
- 2 x WD Black SN850 1TB
- Fenvi T919

I was very happy that @CaseySJ has decided to make a build and guide with this MB, since is my preferred MB. I've been watching this thread, thank you @CaseySJ and everyone else for the great efforts and tutorials. I might then need your help setting things up, and I'm available of corse to test and report as well.

Cheers
Welcome to the party!

Didn't receive it. Please send again.
Ah, maybe it's a broken contact form? Just sent it again, I believe that's the 5th attempt. Each one says the message has been sent successfully.

Back