Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

The combination of a Gigabyte Titan Ridge AIC and Asus motherboard should also work fine, either with original firmware or a well-tested patched firmware.
I saw that it have different connection cable, isn't? before TB_Header Asus and Gigabyte was the same. but now Asus have more pins than Gigabyte.
Besides, Gigabyte Titan Ridge is hard to buy in Russia. They are not brought here. However, Asus ThunderboltEX can be easily bought.

Last edited:
Welcome to the party!
The invitation to the party arrived today! :)

IMG_2111.jpg

The invitation to the party arrived today! :)
I have to say, your case box looks pretty good. Mine was beat to hell when I got it, but the packaging inside saved all the glass. Enjoy!

I have to say, your case box looks pretty good. Mine was beat to hell when I got it, but the packaging inside saved all the glass. Enjoy!
Thank You! Everything looks fine here as well. I'll post some pictures later.

All network ports are now working again. I have one old network cable I use as a temp drop from my gigabit switch. It was causing intermittent issues when going through the switch, but the same cable would work fine directly connected to the router. I have cut that cable with scissors to prevent the temptation of ever using it again! :)

After almost a week of testing with Tthunderbolt, I finally decided to disable Maple Ridge for the time being. Running my UltraFine and dock on the patched Titan Ridge and things have finally settled down. The devices are recognized on cold boot, but sometimes I need to restart once to get it all fully functional. The one oddity is hot plug does not work unless I have the port occupied on boot, then I can hot plug all day long on that port. So I'm leaving my TB3/2 adapter plugged into my dock. Then after I boot I can pull the adapter and plug any drive I want in, as many times as needed. Maple Ridge does work relatively well, just not as consistent as Titan Ridge. I'm hoping that eventually firmware will be patchable making it more reliable, or maybe Apple will release a new Mac Pro with Maple Ridge. I know that's a BIG maybe, but "You're tellin' me there's a chance!"

I have first light!... took longer then expected to assemble.

I regret now the purchase of Noctua NH-D15, instead of a water cooler. It was very difficult to assemble, and even one of the cooler fans is not properly aligned (maybe 2 cm above) because the base of the fan touches the MB Plastic cover.

Anyway I'm happy with the look and with the PC case. Tomorrow I'll finish the cable management and software.

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2112.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2113.jpg
    IMG_2113.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2115.jpg
    IMG_2115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ

I'm now preparing things to install MacOS Monterrey.

On step 1 of your guide "Download MacO Installer using gibMacOS", I'm getting an error. (Maybe because I'm doing it on my Macbook Pro M1 Max running 12.3 Beta?)

Instead of downloading with gibMacOS, I suppose I can use the Apple App Store instead, correct?

EDIT:

Using the 'Install MacOS Monterrey' downloaded form the Official Apple Store, (using my M1 Max Macbook Pro) On Step 2 of your guide 'Install macOS Installer onto USB disk', after running the Terminal command, after erasing disk and before Copying to disk, I got this message:

"bless: The 'folder' option is not supported on Apple Silicon devices.

Warning: bless failed, the disk will appear as EFI Boot in option boot picker."

Is the first time I see this warning. Maybe is not relevant for intel Hackintosh, and apparently the disk was properly created. Is this OK to use it as installer of the hackintosh?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ

I'm now preparing things to install MacOS Monterrey.

On step 1 of your guide "Download MacO Installer using gibMacOS", I'm getting an error. (Maybe because I'm doing it on my Macbook Pro M1 Max running 12.3 Beta?)

Instead of downloading with gibMacOS, I suppose I can use the Apple App Store instead, correct?

EDIT:

Using the 'Install MacOS Monterrey' downloaded form the Official Apple Store, (using my M1 Max Macbook Pro) On Step 2 of your guide 'Install macOS Installer onto USB disk', after running the Terminal command, after erasing disk and before Copying to disk, I got this message:

"bless: The 'folder' option is not supported on Apple Silicon devices.

Warning: bless failed, the disk will appear as EFI Boot in option boot picker."

Is the first time I see this warning. Maybe is not relevant for intel Hackintosh, and apparently the disk was properly created. Is this OK to use it as installer of the hackintosh?

Thanks.

Thanks
@ummario,

That should be okay. Try it and see if the macOS installer boots properly or if it boots to an empty gray screen.

If you get an empty gray screen, please see the big warning at the top of Post 1, just under the photo.

I have first light!... took longer then expected to assemble.

I regret now the purchase of Noctua NH-D15, instead of a water cooler. It was very difficult to assemble, and even one of the cooler fans is not properly aligned (maybe 2 cm above) because the base of the fan touches the MB Plastic cover.

Anyway I'm happy with the look and with the PC case. Tomorrow I'll finish the cable management and software.
Ha, I would also recommend a water cooler (eventually). This air cooler is ginormous!

@ummario,

That should be okay. Try it and see if the macOS installer boots properly or if it boots to an empty gray screen.

If you get an empty gray screen, please see the big warning at the top of Post 1, just under the photo.
Yes. I saw the warning, but will try first without the suggested workaround. I will let you know later today.

Back