Contribute
Register

Asus Z170i Pro Gaming Mini-ITX - No bluetooth but was working on prior install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Bit of a weird one, this is my first trip down hackintosh lane - I've managed to almost get everything working on this second install apart from the Bluetooth.

Yesterday I had installed Sierra (10.12.1) and Bluetooth just seemed to work out of the box. I was using my Logitech BT keyboard when doing the majority of the setup. Unfortunately something went wrong with the initial install and I didn't have a EFI Partition on SSD, so I started over and this time I have no Bluetooth at all. OSX says "No bluetooth hardware found".

Does anyone have any ideas?

I did some digging via Win10 which is on another SSD, and this motherboard has the following -

Bluetooth - Qualcomm Atheros NFA344 / NFA 344A / NFA345 / NFA 435
WiFi - Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A

Is there a list of default kexts to try for Bluetooth? As the fact I previously had it working with no issues is making me somewhat annoyed!

Thanks

Okay so this makes no sense to me... but may help someone else in the future.

I was trying to remember what I had installed via Multibeast yesterday which may have caused Bluetooth to work, and I think I just found the combo - as I said it makes no sense to me.

I installed via Multibeast with EFI mounted -

Increase Max Port Limit
Intel Generic AHCI SATA

and on reboot Bluetooth is working, and I'm typing this on my Logitech BT keyboard.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 11.58.37.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 11.58.37.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 592
Bluetooth HCI is listed under USB3.0 within System Information, that may be something to do with it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 12.06.11.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 12.06.11.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 502
Thanks for posting this. I did this and strangely it worked for me aswell.

Hello, i am on mini itx hackintosh with Asus z170i Pro Gaming - 6700k - Gtx 1070.

Everything works a part from integrated onboard wireless. I have the bluetooth that recognize devices like my mouse but it can't connect, so it seems to not works.

There is a way, a kext to install or something to have at list the onboard wifi working on this board?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back