Graphics
ati 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've seen a bunch of threads, most of them not answered about Getting an Asus Xonar sound card to work. I'm going to assume this means it simply won't work. I am dual booting Mountain Lion and Win 7, and long story short I bought an amazing pair of Sennheiser 360's for gaming and I would like to run them with an Asus Xonar card while in Win 7.

Is this likely to cause kernal panics for my Hackintosh?

I'm so sorry, I think I posted this to the wrong thread, can someone please move it? Earning my Noob. :thumbdown:

Did I ask a poor question, or one that no one knew the answer to? This is a roughly $200 purchase so I've been holding off until I hear some of that expert advice that has gotten my amazing build to the point it's at today.

"I've seen a bunch of threads, most of them not answered about Getting an Asus Xonar sound card to work. I'm going to assume this means it simply won't work. I am dual booting Mountain Lion and Win 7, and long story short I bought an amazing pair of Sennheiser 360's for gaming and I would like to run them with an Asus Xonar card while in Win 7.

Is this likely to cause kernal panics for my Hackintosh?"

Asus Xonar Update:

I just wanted to update that I was able to accomplish what I wanted to. That was:

1.) No Mac kernal panics.
2.) Amplified headphone surround sound when booting in WINDOWS 7.

Note: The card (Asus Xonar DGX and I would assume other Xonar cards) does not show up in Mountain Lion. It would still be wonderful if someone knew of a ktext or another trick to get it to work in OS X but for me personally not a requirement. BTW, for those curious, I use an external USB (Creative X-Fi) sound card while in OS X and while it's not the ASUS, there is a noticeable difference/upgrade to standard audio quality.

Hi bud, any joy on getting the Xonar DGX running in ML? I always have to switch to on board audio when booting into OS X.

I'd pay to get Xonar STX support in ML.
I've been wanting to switch my main OS to OSX for a while now, but I love my STX with upgraded opAmps too much to give them up.

I'm still interested in Asus Xonar DGX compatibility. Par for the course, it works in windows and Sierra can boot with it installed but it's not detected in macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back