Contribute
Register

ASUS X99 Deluxe + i7 5960X + GTX 980: Early 2015 progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, both of the ethernet cards are barely usable... unbelievable slow connection speeds, i tried to copy a 100 mb zip file and it took several minutes to complete the operation...
Anyone found a solution to this issue ?

I used the attached kext in S/L/E for my ASUS X99-Deluxe and I was finally able to move from wifi to LAN. Speed etc seems ok (but no guarantee)View attachment AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip...just remember to do backups, install kext correctly, permissions etc.

Hi,

Has the OP or anyone gotten a build like this working? (GTX 980 + i7)

If so, could you give some info on your setup?

I'm currently running this setup. I've got an Asus X99 Deluxe, 5960X overclocked to 4.0GHz, and dual SLI'd GTX 980 Superclocked, running both Yosemite and Windows 8.1 in 4K. Everything is working except for iMessages, which I think I screwed up originally and now have a long way back around to fix it. I recommend NOT touching iMessages etc until you know exactly what you need to do.

is your system running 4k @60Hz?? with mac? did you install any patches?? or nah?? mine is locked at 30Hz in 4k. mac has a pixel clock lock that doesn't allow it to go that high in refresh rate. can you tell me what you did? thanks!

I used the attached kext in S/L/E for my ASUS X99-Deluxe and I was finally able to move from wifi to LAN. Speed etc seems ok (but no guarantee)View attachment 145696...just remember to do backups, install kext correctly, permissions etc.

Hi all, just wondering if there has been any development in those working with these X99 Hackintosh builds? I have an ASUS x99 Deluxe mobo, GTX 980, but never bothered to Hackintosh as when I bought it it seemed there were lots of problems, no power management, audio issues, onboard wifi support, etc.

So are the X99 Deluxe owners happier now and has something of an 'easy' guide been created? Is the rampagedv method via Clover still the one to go by?

Thanks and apologies in advance if this has been covered somewhere else!

Just wanted to update, managed to get everything working on a Yosemite 10.10.5 Mackintosh today.

X99 Deluxe - GTX 980 - 5960x

I think everything is working though have not tired iMessage, as I do not use it...

I found the most helpful guides to be the following two:

https://youtu.be/jOS42OcQLPw and https://youtu.be/CjMXkB2wMWE

Got me started, creating a Unibeast USB with a patched kernel using my existing Hackintosh.

Managed to boot into the installer with the boot flags mentioned in this guide, which was very helpful though took some searching for:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...amsung-4k-asus-x99-e-ws-clover-efi-sm951.html

But I did not bother creating many separate USBs for further installs as detailed in that guide, just installed clover and the rest from within the fresh install of Yosemite, using the Unibeast to boot initially, all fairly pain free.

That guide also has a very easy audio fix which a lot of people seem to be looking for.

My Geekbench score via the 32 bit trial is attached.

I'm wondering if this is about normal performance for this kind of hardware? I'll know fore sure once I install all of my software, but hoping this looks about right?

Also wondering if the Mac 3,1 definition will cause any performance drop? Folk seem to suggest that it is not worth the bother to change to something more current, anyone have any practical evidence of something working better with a newer definition?

Also used an early build of Yosemite 10.10.5. Does anyone know if this is also worth updating via the app store security updates to a newer/newest kernel? Imagine I would have to re-do kernel patch, nvidia drivers, some kexts, etc. but I'm hesitant to mess with it unless there is a real performance gain.

Stayed away from El Capitan for now as it seems to have a lot of issues and does not offer anything new/more/better to my knowledge in terms of hardware performance?

Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 13.33.19.png

@morg
I have almost the same setup except that I have the X99A. I followed the video of Sunny Nath, that you posted. I put in the 3 flags that he said you must have: npci=0x3000 , kext-dev-mode=1 , debug=0x14e
And then the error I get is RTC: Only single RAM bank

3 questions: 1. Any ideas for how to deal with the above error?
2. What method did you use? clover or chimera?
3. Any chance you can put a step by step or photos of your settings?

Any help is much appreciated!

Asus X99A, 5960x, MSI 980 Ti

Attachments

• IMG_7761.jpg
    IMG_7761.jpg
    831.3 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back