Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
leet1 said:
also just wanted to say sleep works fine on 10.3 i usually am on off with my build but last night it was idleing and went into sleep mode as a normal mac would mitchellk i wanted to ask how did you get ram to boot 1600. im definitely at 1600 in bios

The RAM speed in About This Mac is purely cosmetic.

Hi
My audio greyed out. There is no output nor input.
Anybody?

c0nartiste said:
I'm in love with your build!!!!!!!!!

I bought the 3930k, X79 Sabertooth casing them in a Cosmos II case, I could not justify getting the 3960x (£800!!!!) hopefully the 3930k behaves similar to it when installing.

:clap: Well done man! This deserves to be a GOLDEN BUILD.

=)

i'm about to do the same thing c0nartiste, have you had success with this build using the 3930k?

woow machine

Gordo,

Thanks it didnt feel like @1333

mitchellk,

Thank you i've tried the bios versions posted on asus website, my mb will simply not accept the file, ive tried to flashback waited for the blue light to stop blinking cleared cmos which just clears your bios settings, ive read about rollbacks frying boards from asus

jay,
check out and see what kind of cpu utilization logic has, to be honest the i7 970 a beast, I dont think its worth switching out, in ableton the only thing that helped was over clocking, it still uses only my four actual cores(3820), i use firewire for my interface and i found out after benchmarking having it plugged in slows my computer down, tested in aida plugged in and unplugged focusrite pro 40, cpu queen was getting 61000 with pro 40 off and 53000-55000 plugged in, I'm considering getting a firewire pci card, not sure if it will help, but the onboard firewire works 100%

leet1 said:
Gordo,

Thanks it didnt feel like @1333

mitchellk,

Thank you i've tried the bios versions posted on asus website, my mb will simply not accept the file, ive tried to flashback waited for the blue light to stop blinking cleared cmos which just clears your bios settings, ive read about rollbacks frying boards from asus

jay
check out and see what kind of cpu utilization logic has, to be honest the i7 970 a beast, I dont think its worth switching out, in ableton the only thing that helped was over clocking, it still uses only my four actual cores(3820), i use firewire for my interface and i found out after benchmarking having it plugged in slows my computer down, tested in aida plugged in and unplugged focusrite pro 40, cpu queen was getting 61000 with pro 40 off and 53000-55000 plugged in, I'm considering getting a firewire pci card, not sure if it will help, but the onboard firewire works 100%

Good to know the firewire port works. I don't have any firewire devices so I could not test it out.

Sorry to hear about your bios troubles. If it won't flash back to the older bios it might be a good idea to RMA the board. I had an Intel board that once went very wrong with a bios update and they RMA'd the board for me.

@mitchellk:
Also, you definitely aren't utilizing the full potential of your ssd drive as you are only running at 3gb/s. the asmedia 1061 controller is the only sata 3 controller that i know of, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that is supported and functions with osx. I have one and it makes a world of difference in osx. Wondering if you can boot from one of your esata ports and utilize that speed?

My SSD is only a 3GB/s model. I'll be upgrading shortly to a proper 6GB/s SSD which I know will make a huge difference. Still recovering from the initial expense of this system :D Will let you know how the new SSD performs once I have it in my grubby hands.

sanalbaykus said:
Hi
My audio greyed out. There is no output nor input.
Anybody?

Run Multibeast 4.3.2 again

Choose:
---------------------
ALC8XXHDA
Apple HDA Rollback
ALC889

Remember after every OS update you need to re-run multibeast and re-apply kexts

As of today, tonymacx86 and MacMan want you to know:
NOTE TO EARLY ADOPTERS: Power management isn't working yet on Socket 2011, so you'll still have to use NullCPUPowermanagement.kext with a DSDT. Because of that you won't be able to sleep the system and there is no speedstep functionality.

Excellent machine, but lacks even optimize the graphic to get more performance. But good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back