Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be because QE/CI is disabled? Going to make a DSDT and see if that helps any.

Do I have to manually inject the device ID into a system kext? If so, how would I do that?

I'm lost, GTX 780 should have native support, why is my machine lagging so badly? Any ideas?

Mavericks is installed, it is being slow and the animations take a long time. QE/CI is working.

Video demonstrating my issue:
[video=youtube_share;J2QUGht7zic]http://youtu.be/J2QUGht7zic[/video]

There's something wrong here, the System Report says system is clocked at 64.55GHz and only 6 cores (meaning hyperthreading isn't working no idea what's going on! About This Mac says 4.3GHz Xeon. Any ideas Shilohh?

Mavericks is installed, it is being slow and the animations take a long time.

There's something wrong here, the System Report says system is clocked at 64.55GHz and only 6 cores (meaning hyperthreading isn't working no idea what's going on! About This Mac says 4.3GHz Xeon. Any ideas Shilohh?
Try updating your boot loader to the newest version of chameleon (not chimera) and use the the matching smbios.plist I attached in the speedstep guide. Replace the zeros in the serial number with digits 4-8 from your smbios to make your serial unique. Also try the org.chameleon I posted. You can install chameleon right over the top of chimera as chimera is just MacMans branch of chameleon.

If that doesn't fix it, try updating fakesmc, hwsensors and hwmonitor using the hwsensors installer package in the customize section. I am on ver 6.0.1148 (There is strange reporting behavior in later versions of the sensors).

I will try Chameleon. I will also try the SMBios.plist, but isn't it just MacPro6,1 (it's what I'm using)? Are you referring to the org.chameleon in this thread, if so, mine is very similar. Also I think I installed the latest FakeSMC and HWSensors last night, but I'll try everything you noted. I'll post back with what happens afterwards. Will adding the SystemType key help?

I did everything.... But now my system just reboots during the boot sequence. I don't know what to do now.My unibeast drive had to be wiped so I could get DSDT stuff from my Windows PC and now I have no method of recovery. Guess I have to remake the drive via my laptop, and reinstall OS X again.

I did everything.... But now my system just reboots during the boot sequence. I don't know what to do now.My unibeast drive had to be wiped so I could get DSDT stuff from my Windows PC and now I have no method of recovery. Guess I have to remake the drive via my laptop, and reinstall OS X again.
Try different boot flags. Maybe you need PCIRootUID=1 or maybe -x to get in using safe mode if you installed hwsensors wrong? For hwsensors/fakesmc you have to click the customize button and select everything or HWMonitor will kp your system when you boot. Also, if youve been messing around with dsdt, you can try DSDT=No to bypass your dsdt. No you don't need to reinstall osx. You could remake your unibeast drive and use the boot loader to boot your osx drive if you messed up the chameleon install. The easiest way to install chameleon is to google chameleon installer .pkg and download it from the website that must not be mentioned. You need to know what your doing if you try to install chameleon with chameleon wizard. Yes, system type 3 helps and there are defaults that multibeast adds that mess things up so just use the org.cham and smbios I posted on the speedstep guide for now. If you need PCIRootUID=1 or GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot, add them to org.cham in text edit or use chameleon wizard to edit org.cham only

I may retry Unibeast again, I guess it was HWMonitor that messed up my system... Didn't check everything. Do I just run the .pkg and reboot? Could using the kernel cache speed up my system?
A version mismatch of HWmonitor, Hwsensors and fakesmc will deffinetly cause a KP as soon as HWmonitor is started. If HWMonitor is set to start at every boot, this will kp your system as soon as you boot. Booting -x should keep HWmonitor from running automatically at boot so you can reinstall matching versions of everything (select all the options in the pkg installer). I noticed that the version of FakeSMC included in the newest multibeast is new enough that I wouldn't suspect FakeSMC is causing any problems. That was just a step in the troubleshooting process to try.

Kernel cache can speed the boot process only.

My best guess at this point is that Chimera (MacMan's branch of Chameleon which saw it's last update in September and is the boot loader included in multibeast) does not work right with Ivybridge-E CPUs like the 4820, 4930K or 4960X. I personally don't use chimera. I started using and updating to the newest versions of Chameleon a long time ago. Chimera has always worked fine with Sandybridge-E CPUs like my 3930K but apparently not the new Ivy-E X79 CPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back