Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that sound's great. By the way Im using Bios 4804 and seems very stable I wish we can OC on this version.
You can. Just change the multiplier and voltages same as 4206. I recommend setting by per core and all cores to your desired multiplier.

NOTE TO NEW BUILDERS:
I love my Noctua NH-D14 air cooler and wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market so of course when my friend asked me to do a build for him I added a NH-D14 SE2011 to his parts list. Everything looked good as I was mounting the cooler but the spring loaded fasteners wouldn't line up with the threaded posts on the mounting bars. Upon further inspection I realized that they had included the wrong mounting bars (NM-IMB3 which are for LGA115x). They look almost identical but just won't work. LGA2011 require the NM-IMB2 mounting bars. If you order this cooler be sure to check that the right mounting hardware is included before trying to install it. Both newegg and noctua were very gracious about resolving the issue.

Does anybody have a problem with Wake on Lan using Mavericks? My computer seems to sleep and wake up perfectly. However, my machine will not wake up when I try to remoting in through Screen Sharing. It seems I can't get a login screen or any connection at all. Any ideas?

Has anyone had any luck with an i7-4930K CPU?
What about Kingston HyperX Beast 64 GB Kit (8x8 GB) RAM?
I also want to get a GeForce GTX 770 (4GB) for this build.

Let me know!

Everyone BEWARE!
XMP Profile 1 for my ram in BIOS 4804 was completely wrong! Setting AI OverClock tuner to manual and Manually setting all primary, secondary timimings and voltages brought back stability at 2133. Find your SPD info from your ram manufacturer and set your ram overclock manually or at least verify the XMP profiles timings are correct if your on bios 4804.

Hey guys, I followed your guide and I have 3 GTX 780s and I keep getting a gray screen at boot up.
For now, try switching off the 2nd and 3rd 780s using the pci switches on the mobo. Also try PCIRootUID=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back