Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once installed it is 10.8.3

After I enter the multibeast choices and run kextbeast with the kexts in the original post plus the ATI6000Controller.kext it only gets a white screen when I try to boot from the hd.

Any ideas at all? I'm sure user error is in play here.

Any ideas at all? I'm sure user error is in play here.

Are you using the new DSDT included in the build? This matches the new BIOS you installed.

If so, what happens if you boot verbose?

What happens if you boot pulling the ATI6000 back out of /S/L/E on your boot drive?

Yes, I used the DSDT for Nvidia that was included in your instructions.

I will boot into verbose mode and report back.

This might sound dumb, but when I installed off the USB stick which had the Ati6000Controller kext removed would it still create an ati6000Controller kext anyways on my boot drive? I'll try removing it and see what happens. I'm out of town until Monday but am still trying to figure out where I went wrong.

Even possibly dumber sounding, but isn't my card Nvidia? You asked in my private message if I followed step 3 initially. I was under the assumption that my card, which is the same one as your build, is Nvidia and not ATI. Am I mistaken?

Even possibly dumber sounding, but isn't my card Nvidia? You asked in my private message if I followed step 3 initially. I was under the assumption that my card, which is the same one as your build, is Nvidia and not ATI. Am I mistaken?

If your card is a HD 6870 -- like in your profile -- it is ATI/AMD. So you should use the ATI DSDT.

If your card is a GTX 680 or similar, then it is NVidia.

I've used a few different video cards over the last year; which may be adding to your confusion. What model number is your video card?

I'm using the Radeon HD 6870.

Ah ha. Just realized that's no longer the card that you have listed in the build. I guess that's where my mistake lies. D'oh!

I'm using the Radeon HD 6870.

Ah ha. Just realized that's no longer the card that you have listed in the build. I guess that's where my mistake lies. D'oh!

It's ok though, as this build works for your card also. I still have a 6870 here I sometimes use for testing.

Just make sure to follow the ATI specific steps and just use the ATI DSDT.

That's exactly where I messed up. My brain was on autopilot apparently.

I was finally able to get ML installed correctly...sort of.

After installation I rebooted and everything was fine, though it was slower to boot up than my previous Lion version. After I used Migration Assistant to bring over all my settings and everything I noticed that one of my HDs isn't showing up. I checked the BIOS page and it's not showing up there either, which is weird because it showed up fine last night. I figured I'd reboot and see if that solved the problem. After reboot it just sits on the Apple logo screen with the spinning wheel thing (not the beach ball) and doesn't do anything.

Here's what I got when booting verbose.
lR9M

After I migrated my settings over should I have ran Kextbeast again? Is that what is causing this issue? I'm kinda confused because initially it booted up fine after the install and post install setup (I booted in verbose like the instructions stated).

EDIT: The drive finally showed up after a reboot into Lion. I still can't boot into my new ML install, though. Hopefully someone can help me sort it out. Thanks.

Just an update for anyone who might have the same problems that I did. I used MA and brought over everything but the settings and then after everything was migrated I ran Multibeast and Kextbeast again. After that it booted up in a few seconds and so far everything seems to be running smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back