Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit..

Nvm i have installed it succesfully right now. Fakesmc need to be checked. Anyway here is my geekbench result. What do you think?

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1927978

Hi, looks like I have the same problem you had - panic related with ACPI, did you have to install ML all over again? Did checking Fake smc in multibeast helped ? Did you use dsdt from first post or created own ?

Thanks!

hi!
Can not speak about this specific topic but i made my own dsdt and it solved all small issues i had on my old install!

Hello !

thanx for the guide. I am using almost the same configuration (Intell SSD and GTX580 3Gb version). I am running the CPU at stock frequency, will OC later on. I followed your guide step by step and I managed to install ML. I didnt understand the Audio kext thing and also coudnt find the kext you link to (898 Audio kext), but I enabled 898 in Multibeast. Like lot of other people get stuck on spinning apple logo and white screen. However, when I boot in verbose mode it doesn't get stuck and I end up on desktop of ML, showing HDDs. I am completely new to this. Woud you have an idea of what could be wrong? Or is this normal?
Eventually I would like to be able to have a selection of OS, when I turn on my machine and choose either ML or Win7. I have installed Win 7 on different physical SSD, that will not be connected until I resolve ML setup issues. Thanx in advance for your answers.

edit: it boots fine now, audio issue also solved

I have a problem hopefully someone can help. Ive tried to install this to the T except the 3.0 do to mine said 3.0 universal instead of 3rd party so wasn't sure and i didnt check GraphicsEnabler=No but Ive got it installed to my hard drive but after installing dsdt or kexts itll freeze at the image im bout to upload. I have an i7-3930k @ 4.2GHZ ASUS Rampage iv Extreme x79 with bios 3602 2 EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB SLI(i ant sure if SLI is supported) and I am installing it to my 120GB OCZ-AGILITY3. Any advise excepted.

IMG_0638.jpg

Alright I got it to work I unplugged all USB's that i didn't need at the time unplugged all my other hard drives and didnt use the dsdt and checked the GraphicsEnabler=No box and all is working except the sound(i may not have mac compatible speakers do to they go back before mac was made i think) and wifi(i know that's not mac compatible only windows) the only thing that's wrong is i have 32 GB of ram and the mac only reads 24 GB which ant to big of a bother but if someone knows something that would be cool

Hello !

Again thank you for this guide. I followed NVIDIA guide step by step, everything was clear apart from audio. For all newbies, please real all 55 pages of this thread so you dont ask questions that had been asked most likely before. On my first setup, I screwed the part where you use audio kext. It was due to the fact that I couldnt downloaded the linked file from old TonymacOS86 forum. Dont know why, but the attachment was only available for logged members and my loggin didnt work (I was logged in though) I am including this file below my post. Please use only this method for audio, as enabling in multibeast will not get you there. On the second trial I have managed to successfully install ML, everything seems to be working including board's audio. My last task is to get Black Magic Design HD decklink Extreme card to work.

thax

Attachments

• Interim_898_Lion_AppleHDA (1).zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Hey guys, been super busy USING the hackintosh doing a couple of commercials, and planning an upgrade to my other hackintosh, which runs Pro Tools HD cards (PCI-X). Planning on doing a full i7 upgrade to that one soon as well, but I promise a full report of this machine in the next couple of days. I was able to get the Blackmagic card to work, and I'll detail what was involved along with other issues along the way. I feel really fortunate to have this community here and intend to give back as much as I can. Needless to say this machine is amazing and got me through 3 weeks of seriously intense video work.

Looking forward to speaking with all of you soon!

Could you please tell us how you solved issue with BM decklink card? I managed to install ML and everything seems to be running fine apart from this issue. When I plug in the card into any PCIe slot it wont boot. I have tried various combinations of these slots, always with the same result. Attached is a screen grab from verbose mode - where it gets stuck. I have the first generation of these BM card it is called BM decklink HD extreme. I work as an freelance editor and using this card is quite crucial for me. Thanx in advance

Attachments

• 2013-06-01 19.17.49.jpg
    2013-06-01 19.17.49.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 392
I use CCC (v 3.5.1) found here:

http://www.bombich.com

It used to be free, but recently it now has a cost ($40.00). I'm sure you can find a free earlier version that you can download that will work. But after you're done make sure reinstall your "chameleon" (weather you use Chameleon or Chimera), so it will boot... Later... :cool:

I have used CCC extensively on my original MAcPro and never had to do anything else apart from copying entire OSx HDD to a different drive. Could you please elaborate why do you have to reinstall Chimera and how? I have just finished loading my Hack-OSx with all software and I am about to make a clone to external drive? thanx

I have used CCC extensively on my original MAcPro and never had to do anything else apart from copying entire OSx HDD to a different drive. Could you please elaborate why do you have to reinstall Chimera and how? I have just finished loading my Hack-OSx with all software and I am about to make a clone to external drive? thanx

CCC does not copy the bootloader partition because you can copy a drive to a backup drive's partition (and other reasons). Thus, you need to reinstall Chimera on the "different" drive if you are going to use it as the primary boot drive.

To reinstall Chimera, run MulitBeast and only select Chimera for loading ( the receiving drive (Drivers & Bootloaders > Bootloader > Chimera 2.01). Note: MultiBeast default loads "stuff" to the drive it's run from. So, IIRC, you'll get to change the default drive before Multibeast installs items. There is a stand alone Chimera installer, and, again, IIRC, it too will give you the choice on the drive to install it.

Hello !

Thank you for your explanation. Does this process applies to normal MacOSx installations on real Macs too? On my Mac Pro system I didnt have to do this. I assume it is valid only for hacked systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back