Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read through this thread and its kind of hard for me to tell. Are people having success with this build & Mountain Lion? I ask because it seems like some posts are struggling but I can't really see a whole lot of people reporting that everything is working fine and dandy. I'm about to pull the trigger on this build and my graphics card is a nvidia 6xx so I'm hoping everything will work smoothly under Mountain Lion.

Thanks!

I don't have this exact build but i do have the following:

i7 3820
Rampage IV Extreme
radeon 5870
16gb gskill
vertex 3 120gb
2 x 1gb sata2 hdd's

im using hexa's latest dsdt and the kext's posted on page 26 of this thread post number 255 i believe
and its working perfectly on mountain lion. I have had no panics at boot or anything (yet anyway).
I have been up and running for 3 days now without issue.

The only thing is when your making the installer usb you need to add the voodootscsync.kext to the extra fodler.

I've read through this thread and its kind of hard for me to tell. Are people having success with this build & Mountain Lion? I ask because it seems like some posts are struggling but I can't really see a whole lot of people reporting that everything is working fine and dandy. I'm about to pull the trigger on this build and my graphics card is a nvidia 6xx so I'm hoping everything will work smoothly under Mountain Lion.

Thanks!

Yes it's working remarkably well actually.

There are a couple of issues.

The 2105 Bios causes issues UNLESS you install the VoodooTSCSync.kext BEFORE you update to it. You can boot with the CPUS=1 flag if you don't have it installed. I'm having some other issues as well, so I'm not sure I would update to it.

With a 6XX card (at least with my 670 and almost certainly a 680), you DO NOT want to install the Nvidia FakeSMC.kext or any of the other nvidia hacks in Multi beast.

I haven't gotten sleep working with the new bios though.

Buttzy10169 said:
The only thing is when your making the installer usb you need to add the voodootscsync.kext to the extra fodler.

I had to put mine in the System/Library/Extensions folder before it would work for me.

I just droped it into the extra/extensions folder on the usb stick along with the 2 usb kext's and ran the multibeast repair permissions and it worked fine for me.
I have been up and running for a few day's. only problem i had was a few minutes ago running 2 vm's with 8 cpu's in each and when i was shutting them down mountain lion crashed(may or may not be related to the kext i dont know).

Hey folks,

I have a build similar to Buttzy10169, but I'm having a hell of a time post-install with MultiBeast with BIOS 2105 and ML. Here's my quick specs:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core i7 3820
32 GB GSkill 1600 RAM
Diamond HD 5870
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB SSD
Western Digital 2TB HDD

I did have a working build with BIOS 1305, but I updated to 2003 and that's when all hell broke loose:banghead:, and I'm now on 2105. I can boot and install ML off of my USB stick, but when I run MultiBeast with the options from this thread (worked before):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...9-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-core-i7-3820-a.html

I end up with a stuck spinning wheel on boot. I apologize for the noob question, but can somebody point me in the right direction? Is Hexa's 2105 DSDT still available, and what MultiBeast options should I pick? I hate to bother you guys but I'm really stuck.

Hey folks,

I have a build similar to Buttzy10169, but I'm having a hell of a time post-install with MultiBeast with BIOS 2105 and ML. Here's my quick specs:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core i7 3820
32 GB GSkill 1600 RAM
Diamond HD 5870
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB SSD
Western Digital 2TB HDD

I did have a working build with BIOS 1305, but I updated to 2003 and that's when all hell broke loose:banghead:, and I'm now on 2105. I can boot and install ML off of my USB stick, but when I run MultiBeast with the options from this thread (worked before):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...9-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-core-i7-3820-a.html

I end up with a stuck spinning wheel on boot. I apologize for the noob question, but can somebody point me in the right direction? Is Hexa's 2105 DSDT still available, and what MultiBeast options should I pick? I hate to bother you guys but I'm really stuck.

Two posts ago...

The 2105 Bios causes issues UNLESS you install the VoodooTSCSync.kext BEFORE you update to it. You can boot with the CPUS=1 flag if you don't have it installed. I'm having some other issues as well, so I'm not sure I would update to it.

Thanks so much for your help Hexa. Is the BIOS that's included in the zip the same as Shamino's from the ASUS forum, or is it tweaked?

R4E yes, same file Shamino's, success

If you have the voodootscsync.kext in the extra folder of the usb installer it should boot mountain lion after the install so you wont need any flags then just copy the voodootscsync.kext to the desktop and run kext beast and you should not have any more problems after that.

Has anyone overclocked yet on mountain lion i tried but couldnt get speedstep working proper just switched between 12x and 43x in the multiplier anybody how to get it working right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back