Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get the 670 to work? I have a 3930k and a 670 and I have been trying to get it to work with just a fresh install but have not even gotten that far even with different flags at the bootloader.

Did you get the 670 to work? I have a 3930k and a 670 and I have been trying to get it to work with just a fresh install but have not even gotten that far even with different flags at the bootloader.

When you say "not even gotten that far" what exactly do you mean?

Does the ML Unibeast made USB drive not boot?

Does it not boot after being installed?

What motherboard do you have?

ASUS Rampage Extreme IV BIOS Flashback

to jezj and tebs790

the rescue:
ONLY IF 2003 BIOS or NEWER
To Flash back to 1xxx.ROM, Rename 1xxx.rom to ERALL.ROM and Use USB Flashback

After the initial installation of ML, before any multibeast stuff was installed, the graphics were working perfectly and networking was working perfectly.

I never installed the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement kext. ML does shut down properly at least, which Lion never did. I had to hold the power button down to turn it off.

In any case the key turned out to be not installing the FakeSMC for nVidia (you do still need the main FakeSMC).

I did wind up needing to install the AppleIntel networking kext, as something I installed knocked out what was working after the initial install. I may go back and try to figure out what did. So I can get back to using the "native" drivers.

Thanks for clarifying. I'd love to know what's not necessary anymore, and what the simplest install requires. Also how to use as many of the Native ML drivers as possible. I don't think sound will ever be native as I've never seen a mac that has 2 inputs and 3 outputs on the back panel, not to mention 2 more for an add on front panel.

Also, the apple CPU power management kext is installed by, and part of the OS.

Are you using a DSDT?

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to hearing about your future results :)

Thanks I'll give it a try this evening. Are you saying that sleep works now with the updated BIOS/DSDT?

@ ggeorge
Looks like sleep works with a combo of NullCPU, SleepEnabler (New Version), VoodooTSCSync, and 2 CalDigit USB3 kexts; plus the DSDT. I don't think just updating the Bios and Using the new DSDT will do it on it's own.

@ ggeorge
Looks like sleep works with a combo of NullCPU, SleepEnabler (New Version), VoodooTSCSync, and 2 CalDigit USB3 kexts; plus the DSDT. I don't think just updating the Bios and Using the new DSDT will do it on it's own.

Thanks for the update. Do you have links for the SleepEnabler and VoodooTSCSync? I've seen the first mentioned, but I'm unfamiliar with the second.

There was another download referenced in the bios thread, the Asmedia USB.

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2958

Is that irrelevant if you use the CalDigit kext?

Thanks for the update. Do you have links for the SleepEnabler and VoodooTSCSync? I've seen the first mentioned, but I'm unfamiliar with the second.

There was another download referenced in the bios thread, the Asmedia USB.

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2958

Is that irrelevant if you use the CalDigit kext?

Allot of our old kexts are no longer usable w ML. Anything 32bit compatible is out the window, including most of the sleep enabler kexts and our old USB3 from multibeast.

I've tried the 2 CalDigit kexts w bios 1101 and I get 20% more transfer speed using AJA systems test. Not sure about the asmedia, I don't really have time to read up on it (I'm hacking up this 2105 DSDT to work with my GTX570). I'll post back when I'm up and running with 2105.

Well the 2105 bios has completely borked my machine. Everything is screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back