Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DISCLAIMER: I HAVEN"T MOVED TO BIOS 2105 YET. I HAVE ONLY PREPARED THE DSDT TO WORK WITH MY HARDWARE.
@ggeorge Maybe this will help.
Hexa's "bios 2105 DSDT" modded For NVidia Users. Sorry I misnamed the zip. It is for bios 2105.

Attachments

• Hexa2103_AMD_GFX_removed.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 88
EDIT: Apparently you need the VoodooTSCSync.kext BEFORE you can boot successfully wt a 2xxx.CAP version bios. And booting with CPUS=1 may be helpful to get past the initial issues.

Also see this thread,

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61851-warning-those-asus-p9x79.html

It has a download link for the VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Thanks. I wasn't actually using Hexa's DSDT yet, but I'll give it a try if I can ever get it running. I've only made it to the desktop once so far and it locked up very shortly there after. I don't recognize most of the places where it's freezing during the boot process.

I have gotten the ML USB install stick to boot, I may try installing it to my back up ssd and see if a clean installation works any better, but the fast booting that's the "big" feature of this rom does something funky to the initial recognizing of the drives. Most of the time it only shows the designated boot drive when you hit the space bar at the drive selection screen and I have to go into the bios and manually designate the boot disk there if I want to boot off of something else.

This bios is just majorly screwy on my hardware.

And I finally had everything other than sleep working just fine sunday of course.

Bios 2105 hasn't been officially released by Asus yet. It was shared by Shamino, a member of the Ausus development team, on the ROG forums @ rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19881-New-2105-BIOS-R4x . It has gotten allot of positive feedback, but a few people are saying that they have reverted back to the 1xxx.rom bios versions. Anyhow, I am gonna wait for a thoroughly tested official release.

For those of you who wish to ride the leading edge, here are Hexa's kexts that he uses with his DSDT. If you use an ATI/AMD GPU, the DSDT from his link should be used. However, if you have NVidia, it may cause you problems and you may try the one I posted earlier on this thread.

Also, some of these kexts should be helpful for everyone on ML. Multibeast 4.6.1's USB3 kext didn't work for me after update to ML. I am using the CalDigit kexts and they are outperforming the old one by 20%. Same issues if I try to boot with a USB3 device plugged in, but faster transfer throughput.

Attachments

• HexaKext.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
just for this dsdt >> 2105 bios

just for this dsdt >> 2105 bios

I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker. Where do you live?

For those of you who wish to ride the leading edge, here are Hexa's kexts that he uses with his DSDT. If you use an ATI/AMD GPU, the DSDT from his link should be used. However, if you have NVidia, it may cause you problems and you may try the one I posted earlier on this thread.

Also, some of these kexts should be helpful for everyone on ML. Multibeast 4.6.1's USB3 kext didn't work for me after update to ML. I am using the CalDigit kexts and they are outperforming the old one by 20%. Same issues if I try to boot with a USB3 device plugged in, but faster transfer throughput.

Thanks for putting them all in one place. I assume they go in the S/L/E or can I just dump them in Extra?

Thanks for putting them all in one place. I assume they go in the S/L/E or can I just dump them in Extra?
Yes /S/L/E. Drop them on your desktop and run Kextbeast. Kextbeast will put them in /S/L/E. A post-instal SLE permissions repair would be a good idea too. I've had issues just adding and removing things myself in SLE. My experience of recent is, only the DSDT, org.chameleon, smbios, and themes go in /Extra.

I just inspected Hexa's 2nd DSDT release for bios 2105, and the ATI/AMD specific GPU injection has been taken out, so this one shouldn't cause any issues for NVidia users :thumbup: Thanks Hexa!

...and Hexa's DSDT is now deleted. What's up with that?

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back