Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried those steps twice. Once with the original DSDT patch, and once with the special DSDT patch you made for me. Both times, after the Apple logo screen, it went black, then back to a grey screen with a mouse cursor in the top left corner. The mouse cursor was unresponsive (frozen) and the computer wouldn't move past this screen.

After mounting the HDD into a dock and deleting the CalDigit Kexts from SLE, I rebooted and everything was fine again (sans USB 3.0).

I should mention that my Rampage IV Extreme is less than a month old. I wonder if there are hardware or firmware variations? Bios is 4206.

Marco

EDIT: I downgraded the bios to 4206 before I installed anything/created DSDT/etc. Obviously since the motherboard was new it came with the latest bios.

I tried those steps twice. Once with the original DSDT patch, and once with the special DSDT patch you made for me. Both times, after the Apple logo screen, it went black, then back to a grey screen with a mouse cursor in the top left corner. The mouse cursor was unresponsive (frozen) and the computer wouldn't move past this screen.

After mounting the HDD into a dock and deleting the CalDigit Kexts from SLE, I rebooted and everything was fine again (sans USB 3.0).
One last thing to rule out that it has anything to do with the DSDT. Try the CalDigits again and Boot with the flag: DSDT=No
If the problem is still present then it has nothing to do with the dsdt. Also what are your bios settings?

I booted with DSDT.aml removed from /Extra and -f UseKernelCache=No. Same symptoms; frozen at the grey screen after Apple logo.

Bios settings have an over clock to 4.2ghz, speed step disabled, EHCI handoff enabled. Everything else is pretty much the same as indicated by this guide. If you'd like I can write everything out in detail or take screenshots.

MultiBeast settings attached. Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 8.37.08 PM.png

Marco

@Marco,

I really have no idea what's going on. It's not the dsdt. You can try installing windows on a flash drive or cheap hardrive and updating the firmware with the one I linked you to. Also see if EHCI handoff = disabled makes any difference. Also, I found that GenericXHCI works better with 10.9.2 but there there may still be HDD firmware conflicts I'm not aware of. Try getting the newest release of 1.2.7 from the developers sourcefordge page (now attached).

Attachments

• GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.7.tar.gz
    115.1 KB · Views: 142
any word on the 10.9.2 update yet?

any word on the 10.9.2 update yet?
Now that it's officially released, I can say it. Full CPUPM! I'm working on a new guide. It requires a couple hacks to get CPUPM going but it shouldn't be to complicated. Involvs using MacPro6,1 smbios data, a patched applintelcpupowermanagement kext and generating an ssdt. I'm also working on a clover install video.

For now, just repair permissions and use the combo if you're already on Mav. When you're done you'll need to kextbeast in you audio kext again.

ok

Attachments

• 20140227_230241.jpg
    20140227_230241.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20140227_225817_LLS.jpg
    20140227_225817_LLS.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 150
@Kaz
if you made Unibeast with 10.9.1 or earlier, you need to remake it with 10.9.2 and use the bootflags from the original post. Also, you need to use the newest bios (4802+)

Would you recommend I upgrade to the newest bios? I was under the impression that only 4206 was stable?

Thanks for all your help and I'll let you know if I make any progress with USB 3.0.

Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back