Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

shilohh

Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU
4930K @ 4.4GHz
Graphics
PNY GTX 980 + EVGA Titan X
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there a way to find old setup guide for 10.8.5 in this thread. I need to install the last ML due to software stability issues in Mavericks (Protools 10). Or do I just follow Mavericks guide ?

thanx
The steps should be the same. You want to use the version of unibeast that is appropriate for 10.8.5 and maybe multibeast too. You won't be able to get OS controlled speedstep but you can get the CPU to step down to 1.2ghz at idle by using the bios settings I posted a while back.

Motherboard
GA-X79S-UP5
CPU
Graphics
gtx 670 windforce 3x
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can I ask what bios you are on now some things are missing on the new bios thanks

Motherboard
ASUS R4E
CPU
i7-3930K, 32Gb
Graphics
GTX580, 4Gb
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I am curently on 10.8.3 ...can I use this guide to upgrade. In appstore there is 10.9.4, this guide is using 10.9.2 .... do I have to get hold on original 10.9 Maverics? And then combo update to 10.9.2 Or can I just download directly from appstore and follow this guide.

thanx

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Ex X299
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am curently on 10.8.3 ...can I use this guide to upgrade. In appstore there is 10.9.4, this guide is using 10.9.2 .... do I have to get hold on original 10.9 Maverics? And then combo update to 10.9.2 Or can I just download directly from appstore and follow this guide.

thanx
Use combo update....

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

thanx
To go from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, you'll have to create a Mavericks UniBeast USB stick then install Mavericks over you Mountain Lion installation or do a fresh install. (Back up the MtLion first!) You can't just use the Combo Update installer to go from Mountain Lion to Mavericks. The Combo Updater assumes you have a Mavericks version installed already.

If you were on a Mac, you'd have to download the Mavericks Installation application and run it on top of your Mountain Lion, too. With the Hack, you'll need to create the UniBeast installer USB stick, then install Mavericks.

10.9.4 Mavericks is the latest version on the Mac App Store. The procedure for installing 10.9.4 using UniBeast 4 and MultiBeast 6.3.1 is the same, except the interface is slightly different.

Motherboard
ASUS R4E
CPU
i7-3930K, 32Gb
Graphics
GTX580, 4Gb
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanx for your answer, however I am still bit confused. Obviously I am using HACK, but I want to do a clean install + extract my DSDT. Do I create unibeast install USB from Maverics that is currently in Appstore (10.9.4)? Or do I have to get the initial Maverics (the very first build 10.9)
thanx

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
CPU
Core i7-3970X
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4Gb
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have been holding off on doing any updates, since I have been in the middle of a big project, but has anyone had issues with 10.9.4 on the RIVE? I noticed that Multibeast also has not been updated yet, so I wanted to wait for that as well. Furthermore, I don't think I ever made a save of my original MB settings.

Thanks.

Motherboard
WIN 8.1/MAVERICK
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello there, I am contemplating getting something similar to the July2014 build. If you get a chance could you see my post with some questions I have before I take the plunge? Nobody has responded to my post so I thought I would ask you since it sounds like your already flying with your hack. Thanks a mil. Terminetor

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello there, I am contemplating getting something similar to the July2014 build. If you get a chance could you see my post with some questions I have before I take the plunge? Nobody has responded to my post so I thought I would ask you since it sounds like your already flying with your hack. Thanks a mil. Terminetor
Shilohh has already responded to your post.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/137390-july-2014-build-customac-pro-socket-2011-qs.html#post845579